Research Lead For Enterprise Cyber Protection 🔥
Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people by providing them with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for a Research Lead for Enterprise Cyber Protection who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
We are seeking for a full-time Research Lead for our newly established Acronis corporate research center. This research lead role acts as the group lead for a dedicated research group at the research center and shape cutting-edge applied research, helping Acronis to solve the cyber protection challenges of the future. The research lead manages a team of 2-10 researchers consisting of PhD students, scientific researchers, developers and interns. Each team has a dedicated field of research. Own research should be conducted as well, or contributed to some of the team’s research projects.
The vision of the Acronis research center is to conduct applied research in the fields of safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security (SAPAS) and develop autonomous solutions and building blocks with the help of machine intelligence and analytics.
This position is responsible for discovering unfulfilled cyber protection needs of enterprise organizations (companies with over 1,000 employees), and guiding product management team on implementing the required functionality in Acronis products.
The Research Lead should have strong expertise in IT, product management experience and strong ability to communicate with IT professionals and leaders of IT organizations, as well as freely discuss the IT needs with business leaders.
We are open to consider candidates located in Europe, US, Canada.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define research scope and adjust research plans based on the information collected and business priorities
- Analyze market trends, current and future requirements of enterprise IT
- Collect and process analyst reports, estimate market opportunities for new functionality satisfying enterprise IT requirements
- Review and analyze local laws and proposed laws to define the scope for IT requirements
- Follow local and international regulators and provide predictive analytics on timelines and impact of new regulations, compliance and privacy requirements
- Analyze types of data created and handled by the enterprises
- Document and review business processes existing in the enterprise, modifications of the processes and predict timeline and impact of modifications
- Estimate economic impact of changes to enterprise policies and propose ways to approach IT and business stakeholders with solutions minimizing negative impact and maximizing positive impact
- Track and predict enterprise IT spend and long-term implication of modification of approaches to budgeting
- Work with stakeholders to identify their needs for enterprise market intelligence and product requirements
- Develop actionable reports for product management, marketing, sales and finance
- Participate in strategic business initiatives project and contribute data and market knowledge
- Productize enterprise market knowledge working with product management and product development teams
- University degree and proven experience in IT industry
- 3+ years of experience with IT product management, software engineering or system administration
- Solid understanding of IT compliance and privacy requirements
- Experience with enterprise IT infrastructure
- Knowledge of data protection, cybersecurity and IT infrastructure management
- Hands-on experience with interviews of IT professionals, IT and business leaders
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Team management skills
- Solid communications and cross-functional management skills
- Experience with analyst reports and data analysis from various data sources
- Experience with collecting competitive intelligence
- Experience with analysis of software products capabilities
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills in English
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—all at a low and predictable cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.