Sec Reporting Manager 🔥
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The department is responsible for the financial reporting for The Allstate Corporation and subsidiaries specifically:
- Prepares, reviews and files the quarterly and annual SEC Forms 10-Q and 10-K, as required for all publicly traded companies as well as file Form 8-K (as necessary)
- Enforces and ensures compliance over financial reporting through the implementation of new accounting standards and reporting guidelines issued by the FASB and SEC
- Manages external financial reporting to support and enable Allstate’s ability to achieve business objectives including access to capital markets
In alignment with corporate goals, specific responsibilities for the Corporate Reporting Manager will include:
- Manage the preparation, accurate reporting and filing of all Allstate SEC reports, GAAP audit reports and financial reporting sections of shareholder external communications, such as the quarterly earnings release and Investor Supplement
- Coordinate the preparation of materials for certain committee meetings, such as the Audit Committee and Disclosure Committee
- Stay up to date on new accounting and disclosure guidance and help assess the impact on the business and reporting environment
- Participate in cross-functional teams to develop disclosures for business changes and transactions
- Work with other key business functions and the external audit team
- Assisting with XBRL tagging process
- Implementing process improvements
Job ResponsibilitiesThis job does have supervisory duties.
- Strong client-focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually, analytically and creatively in order to effectively manage projects
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize, and create alignment and buy in from clients and direct reports
- Demonstrated clear, concise and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced consulting skills and presence
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software
- Knowledge of Workiva a plus
Education and Experience:
- 7 or more years of related experience
- Insurance or financial services company experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or other financial area; or equivalent experience
- CPA Preferred
Notes:The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is $100,400.00-$159,575.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life - including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.