Senior Accountant 🔥
EON's vision is to create a circular system for commerce that delivers ongoing value to our society, economy, and environment. EON is a retail technology company that is redefining how we buy, sell, own, and connect with products to unlock fashion's shift to a circular economy. EON's Product Cloud connects every item with a Digital ID to power new customer experiences and service models, and align financial incentives with sustainability goals.
EON is a retail technology company that is redefining how we buy, sell, own, and connect with products to unlock fashion's shift to a circular economy. EON creates a digital profile for every garment that records its unique story in EON's Product Cloud—from manufacture through use, resale, reuse and recycling. Now products have embedded sustainability and can be managed through a data-driven, circular lifecycle.
EON is the leading enterprise solution for digital identification in fashion retail, with clients such as YOOX Net-a-Porter, Target, Nanushka and Gabriela Hearst. Our diverse team of designers, technologists and creatives are on a mission to power fashion's sustainable business model transformation.
EON is committed to creating equitable experiences and opportunities across our internal and external communities. We are building a diverse staff across gender, ethnicity, social and political orientation, cognitive style, geographic location, tenure with the company, and technical functions.
About the role
We are looking for a part-time Senior Accountant to oversee our Accounting function here at EON. The senior accountant's responsibilities include preparing financial statements, performing the monthly close process including account reconciliations, maintaining receivables and payables, and other accounting duties as assigned.
This position reports to our CFO and will partner with our CEO
Part Time: $75/hour
This role is projected to work 5 - 15 hours per week, depending on business needs
What you will do
Accounting Close + Processing – Own all aspects of EON's accounting close, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. Implement systems and processes in an effort to manage cash flow and present financials to management in a reduced time frame. Perform analysis to validate accounting data within the financials. Create a best in class process that optimizes for time and quality of output and relies on automation and technology in place of manual entry. Ensure GAAP compliance including revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606.
Financial Reporting – Create financial visibility for the CEO and board of directors through reporting and analysis of actuals vs. budget. Measure performance against the plan and measure financial indicators to inform management decisions.
Fiscal Compliance – Coordinate tax compliance and filings including state and federal income tax. Ensure timeliness in process and limit the amount of unexpected comments via diligent adherence to GAAP compliance. Build treasury relationships and manage liquidity. Create and enforce accounting policies and procedures.
Accounting Platforms – Work with the tech and operations teams to implement tools and systems that automate accounting functions while increasing quality of information - A/R, A/P, expenses, accruals, etc. Potential opportunity to lead transition from QuickBooks to an integrated ERP solution (NetSuite, etc.)
Qualifications and considerations
- 5+ years in an accounting role where you've touched all aspects of accounting, financial reporting, and related systems, inclusive of the monthly close process.
- Experience with QuickBooks and other ERP systems (NetSuite preferred) as well as other accounting applications for expense reimbursement, accounts payable, payroll, etc.
- Analysis experience with effective excel skills, including experience quickly analyzing financial results and providing recommendations.
- Self-starter, proactive, ability to prioritize and shift focus with ease and flexibility.
- Confident self-manager, self-learner that can work autonomously without much direction.
- Extremely detail oriented, diligent and thorough.
- Confidence to speak up when you see threats to the business and are not afraid to disagree and manage up to executives.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills with internal and external partners.
- Start-up and/or high-growth company experience is a plus but not a requirement.
- Public accounting experience and/or CPA is a plus but not a requirement
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive compensation package
- Annual work from home stipend
- Equity award program
EON is committed to creating equitable experiences and opportunities across our internal and external communities. We are building a diverse staff across gender, ethnicity, social and political orientation, cognitive style, geographic location, tenure with the company, and technical functions. Our diverse team of designers, technologists and creatives are on a mission to power fashion's sustainable business model transformation.