Sr. User Experience Designer 🔥
Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
We are TuSimple - a highly ambitious team with deep technical expertise and audacious vision. We are building products that will change the world. Our mission is to develop the world's most advanced self-driving technologies specifically designed to meet the unique demands of heavy-duty trucks.
And we deliver. As the first AV to market, we are commercializing autonomous freight capacity that is safer, more efficient, and on-demand. In pursuit of our goals, we are looking for the best and brightest to join us on this exciting journey and be part of a fast-moving, highly execution-oriented team.
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
We are looking for a well-rounded Sr. UX designer who can define, articulate, and deliver innovative design solutions in a data-dense, complex space. You will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of the user journeys, identifying pain points, and transforming those insights into actionable experience design initiatives. You will use your stellar communication skills to confidently present designs to a range of different stakeholders (from design teammates to senior-level leadership). You will work closely with product managers, and engineers to meticulously execute ideas into production.
You will support the Maps team in creating innovative features and interactions to optimize the way we collect data from the road, extract and verify the data to feed our algorithms, and edit map data to accommodate new information.
Who you are
- You excel at diving deep into a complex, technical problem space, and are enthusiastic to learn about new data-dense technologies, tools, and ideas.
- You have a deep understanding of the design of professional-user-oriented products, and established your methodologies in balancing efficiencies, and user experiences for 2B products with your design
- You are energized by fast-paced environments that allow you to regularly ship products.
- You have strong communications skills, as demonstrated by your ability to clearly articulate design decisions and processes to any stakeholder.
- You are a team player, enjoy supporting your fellow UX teammates, and seek feedback with low ego.
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team of product managers and engineers to drive features from concept to implementation.
- Create user flows, wireframes, polished mockups, and high-fidelity design to communicate interaction and design ideas effectively.
- Apply a data-driven approach to improving user experience and influencing product strategy at scale.
- Evaluate the usability of features and make constructive suggestions for improvements.
- 5+ years of professional full-time experience as a UX Designer.
- Experience with complex developer tools and/or other enterprise/2B applications.
- Degree in HCI, Human Factors, Design, Psychology, or other Computer Science / Engineering field.
- Portfolio of work that includes end-to-end designs from concept to finish demonstrating design rationale and business impact.
- Proven experience in creating low-to-fidelity experiences with standard design tools (we primarily use Figma).
- Experience in HD map or automotive industry
- Experience working with AI / ML-related products
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.