Product Designer 🔥
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City with offices in Austin, Denver and Atlanta, and team members across the US, Orchard has over 800 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work.
About the Role
Orchard is seeking a Product Designer to join our team helping us deliver a seamless experience to our customers by reducing the complexity of end-to-end real estate transactions. Our product acts as an operational hub to centralize processes across all of our users including our end customers and our internal teams ranging from agents to escrow officers, lenders and even construction teams. As a Product Designer on this team, you will have the opportunity to develop domain expertise, work directly with our in-house real estate and operations teams, and design experiences that directly impact our business and customer experience.
As a one-stop-shop for buying and selling, Orchard's product aims to seamlessly tie together all aspects of a real estate transaction. In this role you will focus on integrating the mortgage experience into our consumer product. You will have the opportunity to work on high impact projects ranging from strategic positioning of our mortgage services, to increasing loan application completion, and creating net new features and experiences for our integrated consumer dashboard. You will own the design process end-to-end, identifying opportunities through user research and translating insights into simple and usable experiences that make a meaningful impact on Orchard's success and allow us to deliver on our mission of making buying stress-free, fair, and simple. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience working on fast-paced, collaborative teams and a passion for solving ambiguous consumer problems from ideation to execution.
What You'll Do Here
- Lead the design of new products and features to serve the needs of our internal team members and end customers.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers to define and communicate the overarching narrative around the problem you're solving and approach.
- Own the design process from beginning to end, taking it from user research insights and translating into simple and usable experiences that delight users.
- Participate in strategy and planning to help the team articulate the long, medium and short term opportunities on your squad
- Lead user research related to the mortgage experience (with end customers and our in-house mortgage team), and communicate insights to help the team deeply understand the customer problems were solving
- Share work early and often and seeking out constructive feedback from peers, product team, and stakeholders
- Play a key role in shaping the future of Orchard
We'd Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 2+ years of full-time experience designing digital products and systems for desktop, ideally working on consumer facing products
- An established process for thinking through complex & ambiguous problems and an ability to analyze and resolve UX flows that bridge the online and offline experience
- Deep empathy for the customer that drives design and product decisions
- Excellent communication skills, ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to drive work forwards.
- Experience identifying opportunities for design-led projects and understand how to present the potential value and advocate for work.
- Managed design projects independently and shared work frequently with feature teams, product squads and the design team.
- Eagerness to learn, ask questions, and a track record for being self-driven
- A bias to action and are able to work creatively to unblock yourself, balancing quality and time to drive impact
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.