Architectural Designer/drafter 🔥
Brave Design brings together architectural design, art, and innovative environmental design through creative technology and collaboration.
We are looking for a creative and technical designer to join our team. Applicant must be versatile and confident with client-facing work. Must be fluent in architectural design process and working with a team.
Join our small team of innovators applying your technical skills and experience in construction design to various types of projects ranging from residential and commercial construction to public art development, fabrication and installation. Job duties include weekly 'live' design sessions with clients, meetings with our group, markups and sketching, detailing and drafting, and working fluidly with our team to update models, drawing sets and project renderings .
Essential Software Proficiency
- Revit or ArchiCad
- SketchUp Pro
- AutoCAD or alternative for precision drafting/detailing
- Pencil sketching, mark-ups, and overlays (Tablet Preferred)
- Lumion or Enscape
- Revit and BIM
- Concept Rendering (programs of choice)
- Tell us about your unique skill set
- Minimum 2 years of experience in construction working on build projects
- Ability to effectively communicate and convey project details with Clients, Building Contractors, Engineers, and other stake holders
- A solid understanding of how things are built and fabricated
- An ability to quickly learn daily operational software (Monday.com, Dropbox, Toggl.com)
- Account Management: oversight of design project timelines and tasks in daily operational software system.
- An ability to perform client-facing work including: follow up summaries, tracking, and reporting, estimates, scheduling, and organizing deliverables.
- A technologically effective home work station including high speed internet for high def video conferencing. (Program licenses can be provided as needed.)
- Professional and punctual communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A love of learning through creative process
- A drive for building new skills and experience
- Able to stay motivated and productive through both the collaborative and self directed phases of a design process
- Integrity, versatility, flexibility and an excitement about innovative design
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: Up to $40.00 per hour
Work can be fully remote or in person at our Portland Studio.
Work Location: Remote