It Entry Level Customer Support Specialist - Olympia/remote 🔥
The Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) was created to be a comprehensive agency exclusively dedicated to the social, emotional, and physical well-being of children, youth, and families regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or other socioeconomic factors. We believe our workforce should reflect the communities we serve, and are actively searching for candidates that reflect that diversity.
If you have experience providing technical support, and excellent customer service skills, we want to hear from you! Our vision is that "All Washington's children and youth grow up safe and healthy-thriving physically, emotionally, and educationally, nurtured by family and community."
As an Entry Level Customer Support Specialist on the Service Desk team, you will assist all agency staff and satellite locations interacting with DCYF services to provide front line, IT computer support. With a focus on first call resolution, this position requires root-cause analysis and trouble-shooting. You will conduct initial triage of incoming requests, provide initial assessments and resolutions for all entry level requests. If you are looking to get your foot in the door and work in public sector IT, apply today and grow with us at DCYF!
Some of what you will get to do:
- Provide technical assistance to users while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Assist with setup and relocation of desktop hardware and workspaces.
- Focus on first call resolution to ensure that 60% of all support tickets are resolved at the Service Desk.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot various Adobe products including Acrobat and Creative Suite.
- Support custom internal client-server applications and external client applications and services.
- Troubleshoot wired and wireless connectivity issues, and basic hardware support issues
- Reset passwords for various user accounts across software and systems.
- Manage system access requests for multiple internal and external systems.
- Troubleshoot OurKids mobile application issues for external users.
- Analyze the DCYF IT Security (90) day policy and inactive users determined to have not accessed the Famlink system during that time.
- Troubleshoots network accessibility of all external users.
- Use DCYF IT ticketing system to track and support requests and provide regular statistics for Service Desk incidents.
- Use System Center Configuration Manager or Bomgar to provide remote support to end users in field offices and remote locations.
- Analyze desktop operating systems or applications to verify correct operations and detect errors to determine next steps and resolve problems.
Ways you can qualify (pick one):
- Bachelor's degree in IT or a related field.
Four years of progressive experience, training, or formal education in information technology, which may include analyzing, designing, installing, programming and or maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, or network infrastructure equipment, or providing customer support in IT.
- Experience or certification in A+
- Ability to adapt easily to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Ability to approach methods to achieve successful outcomes.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently.
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment.
- Ability to understand the customer’s business requirements and advocate for the customer’s interests.
- Ability to create a variety of technical and non-technical documents.
- Skills in written and verbal communication.
How do I apply?
Complete your applicant profile and attach the following documents:
- Letter of interest describing how you meet the specific qualifications for this position
- Current resume detailing experience and education
To take advantage of Veteran's preference please attach your DD-214, member 4 long-form, or your NGB-22. Please black out your social security number prior to attaching.
**Per Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14 (Download PDF reader) state employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing verification of your vaccine status, having an approved medical accommodation, or having an approved religious accommodation. No start date will be approved until you have either verified your vaccine status or have an approved accommodation**
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
The initial screening will be based on the content and completeness of your application and the materials submitted. All information may be verified and documentation may be required. Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
DCYF is an equal opportunity employer and supports equity, diversity, inclusion and respect.
Need accommodation throughout the application/interview process? Unable to apply on-line? Contact the Recruitment team at email@example.com or (360) 280 - 4751 or the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf at 800-833-6388
Experiencing technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application? Call NEOGOV toll-free at (855)524-5627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing.