Customer Support Warranty Engineer 🔥
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA), BCA organization is seeking a proactive Customer Support Warranty Engineer to join the team in Seal Beach, CA.
Successful candidates will work in a fast paced environment, working both independently and as part of team to develop and deploy capabilities that support Program start-up and sustaining activities. Strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to resolve cross-functional issues, and the ability to “see the big picture” are ideal.
This position is an Onsite position that allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite in Seal Beach, CAPosition Responsibilities:
- Research and present operator experiences related to SRPs (Service Related Problems) and engineering changes, using WDT (Warranty Decision Team) WQIP (Warranty Quality Input) guidelines
- Analyze recommendations from Engineering and lead the coordinated Customer Support Team response
- Interact with the Customer Support Team, and lead them through the warranty processes with a unified position
- Mediate differences among functions within Customer Support to lead in a unified direction. Resolve differences within the engineering community by leading interactive objective analysis
- Provide and coordinate suggested options for Business Considerations and coordinate recommendations from the Customer Support Team that provides mutual benefits for Operators and Boeing
- Guide and support Customer Support Management by leading the CS position in Warranty processes
- Support the Warranty Organization by providing technical guidance and coordination on behalf of
Key skills to be successful in this role:
- STRONG project management skills and experience
- Communication skills at all levels of leadership
- Be able to get team members to work together using influence skills
- Think large scale and sustainable (goal is not just to fix the problem today, but also to make sure the problem doesn’t come back)
- Be open to new ideas and be able to challenge team to think differently
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or higher
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5 or more years' experience in an engineering
Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is first shift
This is a non-union represented position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.