Marketing Designer 🔥
Our Zulily corporate headquarters is in Seattle, WA, and this position is available for remote work in the following states: WA, OH, NV, PA, TX, NC, GA, NJ and FL.
The Marketing Designer will be assigned design-focused projects with less supervision and more ownership over the process. These projects will support specific marketing channels like emails that require unique knowledge base and skill set, site or HP graphics that aren’t compounded with major Photography Production needs, and other task-based design challenges that occur throughout the month, apart from the anticipated special events calendar.
Who We Are:
Zulily’s mission is to deliver the best shopping experience for Moms. We believe that delivering a successful business strategy requires building a successful talent strategy and that our long-term growth will directly correlate to our ability to successfully recruit, engage, develop, and retain diverse talent that can invent, optimize, and deliver for our customer.
Zulily Creative team partners together to execute market-leading creative strategy, content, design, video production, operations, digital, social media and more. We leverage external partnerships while closely aligning with our internal teams. Together, we tackle every creative challenge with our amplified strengths, delivering a fun shopping experience with great products at unbeatable prices.
- Develop concepts to finished designs with iterations and direction/feedback from leaders (Creative Lead, Designer, Supervisor, or Manager) to a high degree of quality and solution-oriented design thinking, with some level of ambiguity and autonomy. Maintain zulily brand standards while pursuing unique design solutions to accomplish business and project objectives. Collaborate with business partners to determine goals and experts to determine course of action
- Communicate and understand the needs for each project. This includes direct communication with the mobile and web teams as well as marketing to ensure all items are uploaded properly and on brand.
- Reports back to supervisor and Creative Leads on conclusions, successes, and lessons learned to better processes and lower cost and design time.
- Performs high-volume production duties as assigned by Creative Leads and project coordinators that are essential to complete unique Home Page and multi-platform experiences. These duties include using Photoshop/Illustrator to enhance imagery and achieve visual effects, manipulating or adding objects, and providing unique layouts in order to enhance customer experience
- Maintains zulily design templates across all platforms up to date and in line with brand standards according to direction and input from creative leadership and best practices.
What You Bring:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in photo editing or design as well as layout, typographic and interactive design for web
- Strong proficiency with type, layout, and image composition
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated Mastery of Adobe Photoshop
- Calm under pressure, can excel and thrive in a high-volume environment
- Proactive problem solving, both technically and creatively
- Strong attention to detail and order
- Understands balance of quality and quantity
- A general understanding of Adobe Illustrator