Social Media Strategist - Remote 🔥
Social Media Strategist
Remote 8-5 PST
We are currently looking for a Social Media Strategist to oversee and manage the Social Ecosystem Team (Social Programming and YouTube team) within the Designit team that supports Microsoft Cloud Marketing Blog and Social. This world-class social team operates 100+ social media channels and 20+ marketing blogs designed for developers, IT decision makers, IT implementers, and business decision makers. Each month, we publish over 3,000 social posts to help, inform, entertain, and engage community members across the globe. Azure, Power Platform, Dynamics 365, and SQL Server are just a few examples of the 170 innovative products and services that comprise the Cloud Marketing Blog and Social ecosystem.
The Social Media Strategist is a seasoned social media leader that can balance a tenured client partner and support the Social Ecosystem Team Leads that oversee channel and content distribution strategy and delivery to drive operational innovation and scale. This role requires a skilled leader with impeccable attention to detail and excellent communication skills who works successfully with team members, stakeholders, and senior managers. This individual will represent DesignIt by providing world-class service and displaying our core principles in all their communications.
What you will do:
- Directly support the Microsoft Social Ecosystem Client and manage the Social Ecosystem Team (Social Programming and YouTube)
- Provide regular, forward-thinking strategic recommendations that drive value and innovation (I.e. creating and presenting strategic plans annually/quarterly, SWOT analysis, competitor analysis and identifying opportunities, testing plans, keeping updated with technologies and user behaviors and providing regular share outs, channel governance best practices etc)
- Identify problems, proactively propose solutions, and collaborate with clients to implement scalable solutions that drive excellence and efficiency
- Oversee the Team's delivery (tracking, analysis, optimization recommendations and presentation) of monthly data performance reports to key stakeholders, including left to right observations across business lines
- Participate in meetings with the larger Cloud Marketing Blog and Social Team
- Connect with key Microsoft stakeholders and participate in relevant meetings
- Over-communicate and collaborate with other teams to problem solve, gain consensus, and improve overall value delivered across teams
- Drive work direction in partnership with team leads and to triage larger client requests
- Elevate documentation and process in partnership with team leads, and identify and recommend improvements that can drive impact
- Responsible for the team adhering to Microsoft brand standards and Microsoft accessibility standards
- Improve the Social Ecosystem's onboarding, off-boarding, and training of new hires, including interview participation
- Responsible for identifying potential risks/blockers across the team related to people, process, tools, and delivery
- Support regular 1:1 meetings with direct reports, including career advancement opportunities, coaching and performance escalations
- Raise performance issues to Designit Account, Delivery and/or Practice Teams to triage accordingly
- Contribute to annual performance review and goal setting initiatives for all direct reports, and monitor progress of indirect reports
What you bring:
- 8+ years as a client partner at a marketing agency or at a large corporate enterprise on a large team
- 5+ years of experience working with Fortune 100 clients
- 5+ years managing large cross-functional internal teams
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, management, or related field
- Proven track record of taking a strategic and deeply customer-minded approach to social media
- Familiarity with Sprinklr and Microsoft SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, and Outlook
Who you are:
- You have top-notch management, strategy, communication, and presentation skills
- You have impeccable attention to detail
- You are self-sufficient: you can work with little direct supervision, but you know when to ask for help
- You drive workgroups to consensus and support meaningful outcomes via strategic solutions addressing fundamental business issues and retaining focus on wider business outcomes, even in fast turn reactive situations.
- You are passionate about social media and B2B technology
- You are comfortable working remotely, and leading and developing a remote team
Would you like to join a global organization that...
- Embraces work-life balance – our employees' well-being remains a top priority for us
- Promotes a culture of learning and advocacy across the globe - diversity will enable us to strengthen our impact
- Encourages innovation and experimentation
- Understands that changes will occur and adaptability is crucial to assist when it does
- Emphasizes and rewards collaboration
- Works remotely. We continue to safeguard the health of our employees so our interviewing and on-boarding process will remain virtual until further notice
Want to know more?
Check us out at https://www.designit.com/.
Just so you know, we don't have a dress code, but we do have a strict no jerk policy.
Designit is committed to ensuring that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.