Grant Writer 🔥
Grant Writer - Independent Contractor
Transformation Ministries (TM) was established in 2006 from a group of congregations that were formerly known as the American Baptist Churches of the Pacific Southwest.
Transformation Ministries, headquartered in Covina, California, is a covenanting association of churches with the mission to create transformed communities through “More Healthy Churches for More Changed Lives.”
Diverse in size, location and ethnicity, TM today consists of some 215 congregations (150 of which are in Southern California and Phoenix, AZ). In total, churches are in fourteen (14) states and Northern Mexico (Tijuana). Transformation Ministries is committed to providing exceptional leadership training and equipping in a highly relational culture.
Transformation Ministries exists to build a movement of mission-empowering relationships by:
Developing pastors as spiritual leaders through deepening their relationship skills with others;
Coaching and networking churches together to improve church health and mission vitality;
and Supporting and initiating viable church planting partnerships.
TM is looking to hire a dedicated part-time grant writer to write grant proposals for its non-profit organization. The grant writer will write coherent, organized, and compelling proposals, and will apply his/her knowledge of fundraising and grant writing methods and plans to reach program related income goals.
To ensure success, the selected candidate will need to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising and grant writing methods, and understand and be committed to the mission of TM.
Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
Grant Writer Responsibilities:
- Develop relationships and collaborate with TM staff and key stakeholders
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and programs
- Identify grant funding opportunities
- Collaborate with Chief Operating Officer on: o Writing, submitting, and managing grant proposals o Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents o Developing quarterly grant writing progress reports o Maintaining hard copy and digital records
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of grant writing experience
- Proficient with measuring and reaching grant writing goals
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel
- Excellent knowledge of potential funders and grant writing information sources
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong people skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Grant Writing: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote