Remote Content Marketing Seo Manager 🔥
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
At NFP, the Content Marketing/SEO Manager will join the Digital Platforms Team, reporting to the AVP, Digital Platforms Manager. They will be the go-to SEO subject matter expert, well-versed in what it takes to optimize our websites for search engine discoverability. This role will be responsible for researching, developing, and executing SEO and content strategies, including web pages that align to high-value industry keywords, ongoing keyword research, internal and external linking strategies, creating and managing an SEO editorial calendar, launching an end-to-end SEO content production process, and executing online discoverability strategies. You will also have in-depth knowledge and understanding of technical SEO, and analytical skills to develop strategies grounded in data.
Your subject matter expertise and ability to strategically research and track keywords, map data insights to actionable recommendations, and create high-quality content are a key part of the team's success. This is a hands-on, results-driven role and a successful candidate will be an excellent multi-tasker and communicator to effectively manage multiple objectives while working with our marketing team, content writers, marketing technologies, and paid search team.
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build trusted relationships with internal marketing colleagues to show ownership and understanding of business strategy, business challenges, objectives, and content needs
- Keyword Research and Tracking
- Developing optimization strategies that increase search engine results rankings
- Performing keyword research on an ongoing basis and identify uncover SEO keyword gaps to develop a pipeline of high-performing web pages
- Building content strategy aligned with SEO and internal linking practices and working with copywriters to execute
- Developing and managing successful SEO campaigns including managing and analyzing best-in-class landing pages with a focus on cross-linking content quality, and other SEO best practices that engage and convert
- Analyzing, tracking, and reporting on overall organic search performance, using data to report progress on key initiatives with insights that will shape future SEO strategies
- Diagnosing issues that are impacting SEO, coming up with, solutions, and implementing fixes. Recommend and help implement technical SEO improvements on the site
- Utilize and own SEO, CMS & Marketing tools including SEMRush, GSC, and GA.
- Google Analytics Certified and responsible for SEO analytics
- Set measurable goals to track organic traffic, organic visibility, and onsite actions
- Monitor performance metrics to understand organic performance
- Collaborate with outside agencies to align and execute SEO strategy
- Engages in regular evaluation of content marketing strategies to continually refine the overall process, including staying current on evolving trends.
- Garners ideas and input for topics from a wide variety of sources, including customers, customer-facing teams, prospective customers, market trends, product development, industry news, and internal subject matter experts.
- Must demonstrate comfort with creating content across a wide spectrum of media, including websites, whitepapers, ebooks, infographics, FAQs, and other marketing collateral, well as overall project management skills
- Works closely with marketing leaders and channel owners to assess needs, develop content marketing strategies to support team priorities, and create and/or refine content based on established company goals, target audiences, and buyer personas.
- Work with our internal content teams to develop content that supports lead generation, company value prop, website, brand messaging/awareness, customer retention and upsell, and other related initiatives.
- Work with marketing teams for content migration needs from merger/acquisitions for consolidation of websites
- Create monthly, quarterly, and annual content plans designed to speak to the entire buyer’s journey across awareness, consideration, and decision making
- Create email nurture content to guide buyers to the next step in their journey and to increase engagement
- Collaborate with marketing leaders, digital marketing, product marketing, sales, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience
YOUR EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience with SEO, including technical SEO (content optimization, XML sitemaps, structured data, CSS, HTML)
- 5+ years of experience and in-depth knowledge managing SEO content and keyword strategy
- 5 + years of expertise in Google Analytics, Search Console, SEMrush, and any other enterprise SEO tools
- Experience with managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Able to complete organic competitive analysis of other companies within the industry
- Experience with international SEO, is a plus, as we will work on SEO for the French Canadian, and UK markets, in addition to the North American market.
- Short-form copywriting experience is a plus
- Email marketing experience a plus
- Written and spoken fluency in both French Canadian and English a plus
- Competency to respond to shifting priorities quickly and effectively when necessary
- Ability to work strategically and an outstanding ability to think creatively, and positively approach problem-solving
- Strong on-page SEO and modern tactics for success
- Knowledge of and experience executing technical on-site optimization
- Self-motivation, diligent attention to detail, and dedication to quality
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well both independently and in a team setting. Highly self-motivated in a remote work environment.