Scala Data Engineer - Research & Analytics 🔥
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. !
Learn more at .
What you will do
- Work on the Research and Analytics team with data engineers, full-stack developers, and data scientists to deliver short-term prototypes and proof of concepts for our long-term business vision.
- Collaborate with other engineers to refine and expand our data pipelines for both team and company-wide use.
- Deliver data to our customers and to internal partners so that insights can be driven and decisions can be made on how to use open-source software components.
- Monitor and observe our data pipelines to maintain operational uptime and to ensure cost-effectiveness in our data systems and explorations.
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering, primarily in Scala.
- Comfortable in one or more additional languages (ex: Java, Python, SQL…).
- Knowledge and experience with large-scale data tools and techniques (ex:, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce...).
- Knowledge and experience with non-relational databases (ex: HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra...).
- Knowledge and experience working with queues and pipelines (ex: SNS, SQS, RabbitMQ, Kafka...).
- Knowledge and experience with big data cloud services (ex: AWS, GCP, Azure...).
- Experience working with data lakes and data warehouses and working in a notebook environment (ex: Databricks, Jupyter Notebook...)
- Experience working with GitHub, JIRA, and Confluence (or equivalent tools).
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.