Devops Engineer 🔥
Snapcommerce is a high-growth company that sits at the intersection of mobile commerce and fintech. Our flagship product, allows millions of users around the world to book their travel over messaging. We are currently in the scale-up phase of the company with plans to grow from ~150 employees to ~300+ employees as fast as possible while maintaining the advantages and culture of being a startup.
With a high-performing team of world-class leaders, Snapcommerce thrives on tackling intricate problems within AI, E-commerce, and Conversational Design to push the boundaries of the value we can add to our users’ lives!
At Snapcommerce, we pride ourselves on the performance-driven environment we’ve created for our team to prosper and excel. Our values are rooted in making data driven-decisions and risk-taking actions that add value to both the user and the company. Check out this article from our CEO, Hussein on Snapcommerce's to learn more!
About The Role
We are looking for an engineer to join our infrastructure (devops) engineering team. Our team is responsible for the infrastructure around building, deploying, and monitoring our services, databases, and caches. Our services handle 125k+ requests per second, ingest over 1TB/day of data and processes over $1MM/day in sales, while maintaining a 99.9+% uptime.
As a member of our team you will
- Work with cutting edge infrastructure tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, and Istio
- Accelerate development across the company with faster, safer, and more frequent deploys
- Meaningfully improve developer happiness and productivity across the company with better development tools and workflows
- Contribute directly to the bottom line with cost savings initiatives and optimizations
- Catch errors and performance issues early with automated monitoring and alerting
- Maintain and improve security across our infrastructure including firewall rules, access control, audit logging, and disaster recovery.
- Amazon Web Services
- Kubernetes (Elastic Kubernetes Service)
- Infrastructure as Code in Terraform and Helm
- Datadog and Opsgenie for logging, monitoring, and alerting
- Postgres for storage and Redis for caching
- Gitlab for version control and CI/CD
- Python, Bash, and Docker for local development workflows and CI/CD jobs
- Tens of containerized microservices running our application code, written in Python and/or JS
- You have 1+ years experience in a devops or infrastructure role, and 2+ years of software dev experience overall
- You have experience and comfort with POSIX-based operating systems
- You have experience with operating a Kubernetes cluster in production
- You have experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Helm and Terraform or their substitutes
- You understand how networked services in the cloud work: VPC, IP, TCP, DNS, HTTP, etc.
- You abhor repetitive manual processes and are excited to automate them away
- You have a sixth sense for spotting waste (in money, time, CPU cycles) and eliminating it
- You learn quickly, regardless of the languages and technologies used
- You are a strong communicator
- You are looking forward to working in a fast-paced startup environment
- We are a Remote-first company, we offer flexible working hours with complete work-from-home freedom and a guilt-free unlimited vacation policy
- Enjoy employee rewards, and travel discounts using SnapTravel
- Competitive salaries, equity options, full benefits from day one, wellness budgets, and paid development - we’ve got you covered!
- UberEats credits, meal budgets, special treats, and team lunches. When in the office, enjoy daily snack services and unlimited coffee, tea, and other drinks
- Supporting continued growth with Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion events, TED talk Tuesdays, and Lunch & Learn opportunities
- We welcome new additions with a generous EI top-up, parental leave, additional vacation, and a flexible return-to-work plan
- Game nights, Happy Hours, internal hackathons, team building games, workouts, and more
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.