Senior Security Engineer, Devsecops 🔥
Delphix is the industry leader for DevOps test data management.
Businesses need to transform application delivery but struggle to balance speed with data security and compliance. Our DevOps Data Platform automates data security, while rapidly deploying test data to accelerate application releases. With Delphix, customers modernize applications, adopt multi-cloud, achieve CI/CD, and recover from downtime events such as ransomware up to 2x faster.
Leading companies, including Choice Hotels, Banco Carrefour, and Fannie Mae, use Delphix to accelerate digital transformation and enable zero trust data management. Visit us at . Follow us on , , and .
Delphix has a strong security culture with a shared responsibility model that empowers teams with security context. This helps keep engineering velocity high, but also means that our security team needs to operate differently than a traditional security team. We focus on enabling engineers to build secure code and provide them with adequate security context to make the right decisions for Delphix. We do this by providing a combination of paved roads, decision information, and technical guardrails.
We are looking for a security engineer to closely partner with the Engineering, DevOps, and IT teams. This role will have both strategic and hands-on elements. You will help define and drive security strategy across the organization, and help partner teams grow security skills and ownership. You will help secure systems and applications in our cloud & traditional infrastructures that run the Delphix business and products and help drive and coordinate incident handling and response processes, metrics, and reporting. We focus our efforts on scalable techniques as opposed to just operational services. We build close partnerships with key areas in our engineering ecosystem to identify security leverage opportunities and drive high impact security initiatives. We focus on building automation for security self-service and vulnerability management to meaningfully reduce security risk.
As a part of the team, you will also leverage your security skills to support engagement with the security research community, participate in our product security incident response efforts and other operational responsibilities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- You have 10+ years of total experience
- You have a background in software engineering and/or writing automation tools in common languages such as Java and/or Python
- You have a breadth of knowledge and experience in application, cloud, and systems/endpoint security domains
- You have an ability to explain complex security issues and their impact to diverse audiences with a clear call to action
- You have experience with threat modeling, security design reviews, and architecture. You have a pragmatic approach to security tool selection and integration
- You enjoy influencing outcomes with metrics and data
- You have a growth and learning mindset
- You have experience partnering with cross-functional teams to deliver widely impactful security initiatives.