Senior Product Designer 🔥
SafelyYou is on a mission to support care for those with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and other cognitive impairments using cutting-edge AI and computer vision. Alzheimer’s disease is the single most expensive disease in the US, costing an estimated $600b per year in direct and indirect costs. It affects 1 in 3 people over 85 and 1 in 9 people over 65.
Our flagship product is focused on reducing the frequency and impact of falls, the leading cause of hospitalization for those living with dementia. We have peer-reviewed results showing up to 80% fewer falls with an average of 40% fewer falls and 80% fewer ER visits from falls.
We've raised capital from top VC firms, including Founders Fund, Eclipse, Foundation Capital, and Data Collective, and the largest providers in the space are actively using, expanding, and evangelizing the service. We have also been awarded grants from the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation, given the national importance of the issue – as the population continues to age, the global costs of Alzheimer’s and dementia are expected to double over the next 10 years. With fewer and fewer young people available to provide the care needed, we must find a way for technology to bridge the gap.
Your Role at SafelyYou
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our rapidly-growing team and own experience design for our web and mobile apps. Customers, clinicians, and internal users use these apps daily to triage fall events, analyze data and insights, manage users, and configure SafelyYou installations. You will take on challenges such as:
- Discovering caregivers’ needs through iterative research then synthesizing your insights into delightful experiences and interactions
- Partnering cross-functionally to build and and evolve a unique design language for our products
- Adapting our apps to new markets and use cases, such as home care
Most importantly, you will do tremendous good for those with Alzheimer’s and their caregivers and will see the impact every day both through the metrics you track and the outreach we receive from families. You will learn and grow by making SafelyYou successful and creating new opportunities to serve our customers, those living with Alzheimer’s disease, and their families.
The Ideal Candidate
- You have 5+ years of product design experience at fast-paced, high performing companies
- You can lead the design process from start to finish, including research, discovery, prototyping, validation, and high-fidelity designs
- You love spending time with users and deeply understanding their goals and needs
- You’re comfortable digging into complex and ambiguous problem spaces, working iteratively and creatively to meet user needs
- You’re a visual person at your core.
- You love supporting others and genuinely feel your team’s success is your success.
- You can fluently communicate using both a high level with leadership and a high degree of detail with engineers
- Healthcare knowledge is a major plus, but not required
- Experience with Alzheimer’s or another cognitive impairment is beneficial but not required. It is required that you are a caregiver at heart, feeling deeply motivated by the opportunity to relieve pain for folks in need and the responsibilities of caring for a vulnerable population.
Why Join Us? You Can Make a Difference!
SafelyYou offers a competitive compensation package, including but not limited to:
- A mission-driven company culture
- Fully remote with optional in-person space in San Francisco
- Competitive salary & benefits, including fully paid employee premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K Program
- Company laptop
- Monthly education, wellbeing & WFH stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Growth Potential
- Company Retreats
- Medical & Family/Parental Leave
At SafelyYou, we believe that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, competitive, and resilient company. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce that celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We value all the perspectives our team members bring to the table, and that is why we don’t look for culture fit, but culture add. We want to hear from YOU! We encourage you to apply even if you do not fit 100% of the technical requirements.