Senior Customer Service Representative - National Remote 🔥
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. SM
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday to Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 07:00am – 07:00pm CST, with ability to work 2 days of 10:30am - 7:00pm CST shift.. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Ensures quality customer service for internal and external customers
- Handles all incoming phone calls and identifies/assess customers’ needs accurately and timely regarding potential third party liability
- Solves problems systematically, using sound business judgment
- Applies appropriate communication techniques when responding to customers
- Recommends customer service strategies and related improvements/enhancements
- Maintains timely, accurate documentation for all phone call interactions
- Consistently meets established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Seeks involvement in continuous quality and process improvement initiatives when warranted
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems, OR 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Knowledgeable with computer skills including Microsoft Office programs such as Microsoft Excel (general spreadsheet navigation, data entry and sorting), Microsoft Word (creating and editing word documents) and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar) and the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to understand multiple products
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Experience navigating a computer while on the phone
- Willing to work and contribute in a team environment
- Flexible to change
- Responsive to management's requests and suggestions; takes direction
- Develops goals for self and monitors progress
- Seeks assistance as appropriate
- Ability to trouble-shoot problems
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Listens effectively
- Demonstrated ability in customer service problem resolution and relationship building
- Demonstrates basic analytical skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work. SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 - $26.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.83 - $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #Yellow