Manager Of Marketing and Social Media Relations 🔥
Great Western Leasing and Sales, LLC dba Great Western Trailer (“GWT”), based in Irvine, California, is a dynamic specialized semi-trailer sale, leasing, and rental company in active growth mode. The company currently has operations in Albuquerque, New Mexico; Dallas, Texas; Dearborn (Detroit), Michigan; Fontana (Los Angeles), California; Grants Pass, Oregon; Houston, Texas; Phoenix, Arizona; and Salt Lake City, Utah. GWT is seeking to expand into other sites in its current footprint, as well as into other cities across the country.
GWT currently seeks a well-qualified Manager of Marketing and Social Media Relations with to focus on (1) brand engagement, (2) lead generation, (3) marketing/advertising our traditional trailer sales, lease, rentals, and service/parts lines of business, and (4) marketing/advertising of our new eCommerce platform for on-line trailer and parts sales. Candidates should have deep and demonstrated experience growing revenue and margin through marketing and advertising campaigns and initiatives. They should also have demonstrated experience working across an organization and managing indirect/cross-functional teams, managing vendors, and delivering as an individual contributor. The role will start as one that balances delivering as an individual contributor and managing a team of indirect reports. As GWT grows, we anticipate that this role will eventually manage direct reports, as well. This role is part of a dynamic organization that will utilize an individual’s interpersonal skills to engage others in the creation and execution of an effective Branding/Marketing/Advertising strategy to enhance the company’s growth. It is preferred that this role be located at GWT’s headquarters in Irvine, CA, but it can be located at any of our current eight operating locations or it can be remote, as well.
This is a high-impact, senior-level role. This role will be part of the company’s Senior Management Team and will report to the President/CEO. It is accountable for the following:
- Lead the development, implementation, and oversite of a comprehensive marketing and branding strategy for the company to track continual progress and increased effectiveness in traditional and social media advertising and marketing campaigns, trade shows, and other marketing activities.
- Coordinate strategy using experience, inputs from Executive Management and Senior Team, and other key resources to develop a cohesive plan for the company with targets, milestones, deadlines, and intended results.
- Document coordinated strategy and drive bi-weekly progress reporting on various programs and initiatives.
- Review the customer call report and identify trends, unique scenarios, and improvement areas.
- Prepare marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales data.
- Make recommendations and proposed changes to marketing programs for greater effectiveness.
- Responsible for connecting desired customers with the company’s revenue channels of sales/leasing, rental, credit, parts, and service capabilities.
- Develop, implement and continually optimize a cohesive online/social media marketing capability across multiple vendors and GWT content to improve support for GWT sites. This includes the expansion of trailer sales online and development of ecommerce parts.
- Manage branding and content guidelines for social media, online, and traditional print/outdoor marketing/advertising campaigns
- Work with sales, rental, and service/parts professionals at the company’s locations and execute social media marketing/advertising campaigns in a cohesive and complementary manner to drive their business lines forward.
- Work with social media/marketing vendor partners to execute social media campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other platforms.
- Monitor marketing spend by vendor and service- enabling greater accuracy for budget purposes. Track all contracts and invoices for consistency. Schedules RFP and/or annual vendor reviews.
- Document expectations, priorities, and project scope per vendor to enhance clarity and alignment of goals.
- Manage, maintain, and optimize Company’s website, including working with outside vendors to continually update and maximize SEO
- Develop/coordinate and execute marketing campaigns for Sales, Rental, and Parts/Service (traditional and on-line).
- Become expert at utilizing the company’s available tools/technology and vendor services to create and distribute marketing/advertising campaigns.
- Routinely review company social media sites and respond directly to inquiries – adding content, coordinating with internal support, or making direct updates as needed. Make weekly recommendations for updated language, content, and customer complaint/responses.
- Responsible for the company branding and coordination of materials across the following:
- Coordinate the marketing and branding needs for new acquisitions and manage the transition to GWT standards.
- Ensure sales and marketing collateral materials are stocked and available for all branches.
- Lead branding material coordination between vendors coordinating orders, selection, sizes, and quality efficiently.
- Maintain promotional materials by coordinating requirements with graphics department; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Plan and conduct Request for Proposal (RFP) for all marketing vendors as needed, using data and criteria to drive recommendations.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and be willing to take on new roles as needed. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing, with deep experience developing and executing social media campaigns to grow revenue and margin preferred
- Proven experience coordinating marketing actions between self, direct and indirect resources, and vendor management.
- Customer-service oriented; Able to balance the revenue demands of the business with process efficiency and operational impacts;
- Excellent customer service capability and strong communication skills. Strong inter-personal skills and ability to collaborate with all levels across the company- from Executive Management, Sr. Team, and Sales/Rental or Service/Parts Managers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications. The ability to foster teamwork over the phone and through written communication.
- Strong experience with CRM tools and software- comfortable inputting data into IT systems.
- Solid time management and analytical skills are necessary.
- Comfortable traveling to all of our locations.
- Working in close coordination and collaboration with other members of the Senior Team is a must.
- Must thrive working in fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Must be autonomous worker, excellent leader, and exceptional manager.
- An undergraduate degree is required. Advanced degree is preferred but not essential.
- Experience with eCommerce/on-line sales a plus.
This job description documents the general nature and level of work, but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities. The successful applicant might be asked to perform other duties as required.