Intermediate Copywriter 🔥
Engine Shop is a curiosity-led engagement agency solving business challenges with storytelling and by connecting our clients with their audiences at the intersection of consumer passion points (e.g., lifestyle, culture, sports, music, film, television, and gaming). Through physical experiences, content, and branded entertainment, we drive our clients’ business objectives by turning a brand’s identity, equities and emotional intelligence from abstract to tangible.
But that is not our only focus. Our culture is a consideration in everything we do. How we treat one another, how we have each other’s backs, and how we welcome people for who they are, set the metrics of how we define ourselves. And we know work must fit into life and life into work.
We want new people to not only join us, but to also drive us. Drive us to better solutions, drive us to be a better collective, drive us to be the “Better Way.”
This Copywriter innovates, plans and directs a variety of client assignments, managing the written component of projects, partnering with account managers, strategists, art directors and production. Works on multiple projects, in various stages of the process, at any given time. Understands and applies marketing tactics appropriate to client objectives and develops work that fulfills the strategy and goals.
This role reports to an Associate Creative Director or Executive Creative Director.
- Participates with other members of the Creative team to develop relevant project strategies. In doing so, actively participates in team and/or client meetings to discuss assignment parameters.
- Generates a range of ideas and concepts to solve client’s marketing problems. Accomplishes this through personal efforts and by effectively managing broad project parameters, less experienced team members, and outside freelancers.
- Prepares copy solutions for internal and external presentations.
- Participates in production process to ensure integrity of final product (e.g., may be print, video or digital production).
- Proactive spirt and approach to developing tools and recommendations to improve current processes and positively impact client deliverables.
- Invests in learning client brand & business objectives and translates into a compelling concept.
- Assists other team members develop a working knowledge of client’s business, industry and marketing needs.
- Works enthusiastically with account team, production, traffic, and other creatives in a collaborative environment.
- Expert level knowledge of grammar and style, self-editing concepts and application as normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or Communications related field.
- 3 - 5 years related work experience necessary to contribute to a broad range of client copy requirements and to adapt style to reflect client-specific tones.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to effectively organize and present concepts in a clear manner, mentor less experienced staff, and listen attentively for content and context of messages during client/team meetings.
- Analytical skills necessary to evaluate creative approach, and seek unexpected, original and innovative ideas.
ENGINE SHOP IS NOT YOUR TYPICAL AGENCY.
We are looking for great people who are passionate about what they do. People who understand the value of hard work, are willing to get their hands dirty and enjoy the process as much as the result. People who love working on a team. People with a make it happen and get it done attitude. People who, no matter what the level, are creators, thinkers, and doers. No two gears are the same, but they all fit together to make an unstoppable machine here at Engine Shop.
In return, our promise to you is that we will work tirelessly to create opportunities for your professional and personal development while communicating with transparency about the company for which you have chosen to work.
Our people are why Engine Shop has been consistently named a “Best Place To Work” by Ad Age and Event Marketer.