Product Designer, Square Invoices 🔥
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are looking for a collaborative Product Designer to join the Square Invoices design team. Invoices are an essential part of Square's ecosystem, helping sellers get paid remotely across web and mobile interfaces. Your work at Square will range from primary research to information architecture, rapid prototyping, and high-polish visual design. You will report into a diverse design organisation that works alongside other product designers, researchers, product managers, analysts, product marketing managers, and full-stack engineers. The Product Design Lead will be your direct manager. This is a remote-friendly position.
- Shape our product's strategy around core payments with deep experience design and architecture skills to create features that empower small and medium-sized businesses and their employees.
- Help solve the challenges that a business faces when bidding for work, getting paid, managing cash flow, and keeping operations running smoothly.
- Around 5 years of professional design experience
- A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership
- The ability to articulate high-level team goals and connect your work to larger team or company initiatives
- You actively plan, scope, and create work that contributes to a larger, long-term plan
- You know when to compromise without sacrificing user experience or design principles
- You are an advocate for the customer
- You effectively communicate your ideas and work to your direct team and other teams
- You work on challenging, wide-reaching projects for your team with little guidance from your lead
- You always think about how your work fits into the company's full ecosystem during all phases of the design process
- You propose and participate in usability and field research
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.