Remote Recruiter 🔥
(MFI) is a US-registered non-profit that supports the development of new technologies and outreach opportunities for the worldwide Transcendental Meditation® (TM®) organisations. Over the past 60 years, more than 10 million people worldwide have learned the TM technique through personal instruction by tens of thousands of certified teachers.
MFI is a growing, fully remote team of nearly 50 people, located around the globe but mainly in North America and Europe. As an organisation we are committed to leveraging modern technology and progressive management practices to make the TM technique and its related programmes more available to people everywhere.
We favor a healthy and balanced work environment with opportunities for personal development.
We are seeking a Recruiter to help us bring more great people into our growing team.
The Recruiter plays an integral part in maintaining and strengthening our unique culture by working closely with hiring managers to define roles, source candidates intelligently, and take those candidates through the hiring process from start to finish.
A fundamental principle of our culture is that we deeply care about others, both within and outside of our organisation, so we are committed to providing actionable, thoughtful feedback to all candidates at all stages of the process.
The Recruiter will report to our Global Senior Director of HR who is based in the Netherlands, so significant overlap with European timezones is preferred.
You are a proactive, consistent, dependable contributor who combines crisp execution of processes with thoughtful improvement of them over time.
You are a “people person” who finds it easy and fun to build rapport with candidates and teammates. You combine a feel for the big picture with a sense of what is needed on a detail level.
You are comfortable recruiting in relation to a wide variety of functional areas, from software engineering to customer support to design to operations.
You are a strong, active communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Along with all this, you are excited by our mission to create a more peaceful, harmonious, and enlightened society worldwide through the full development of every individual.
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications in partnership with our hiring managers
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job boards and other relevant locations to attract candidates
- Source and recruit candidates by using databases and social media
- Screen candidates resumes and job applications
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, hard skills, soft skills, experience, aptitudes, and whether they will be a positive addition to our culture
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Onboard new employees in order to become fully integrated
- Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team
- 5 years’ experience as a recruiter, with at least 2 years working in-house
- Hands-on experience with various selection processes (resumé screening, phone interviewing, video interviewing, reference checking etc)
- Hands-on experience with recruiting software, as well as Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Motivated for self-improvement and a healthy lifestyle, and open to / interested in Transcendental Meditation.
- Experience working in a global non-profit, working with a remote team or in a multinational organization preferred
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
If you are passionate about this work but do not have all of the skills listed we are still interested in speaking with you and encourage you to apply!
Pay and benefits
Our pay levels are set according to a formula that combines above-median market rate data for the role (we pay 55th percentile of New York market rate for this role, based ondata) adjusted for your local cost of living based on data.
We take the issue of equitable pay very seriously, and we apply our pay formula to all workers who work 80% or more of full time hours with us.
Diversity and inclusion
We care about diversity - we strive to ensure all of our team feel included and can bring their whole selves to work but we also know that this work is never ‘done’ or complete, and that we can always improve.
Our team is fully remote, living and working across 20 countries across the world, and we’d love to hear how you can add to our special culture at MFI.