Customer Support Specialist 🔥
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Role
We are looking for customer-obsessed team members who are engaged, innovative, and reliable. As a frontline advocate, you will partner with our pros and customers from start to finish to resolve their concerns. By handling inbound requests, you will help our users navigate the challenges of account changes, profile updates, billing inquiries, website and app assistance, and retention while ensuring a high-quality, low-effort experience. We will train you on the value of Thumbtack and provide you with technical troubleshooting basics. Our training goal is to empower you to help professionals build successful businesses and assist customers to complete the projects central to their lives.
The Customer Success Specialists create user experiences that are simple, valuable, and inspired. They are responsible for making sure that all professionals get best-in-class support whenever they contact Thumbtack Service & Support. Conflict resolution and negotiation skills are a must as you actively listen and offer unique and innovative solutions. You are the choice of Thumbtack on the front lines! By addressing their concerns correctly and accurately, you will help set our professionals up for success.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with our pros and customers by listening to their needs and providing the best solutions- you are the expert!
- Maintain excellent knowledge of Thumbtack’s products and services after completing our training and onboarding program
- Participate in 30-40 inbound requests daily with our users to determine the best solution to get jobs done and grow small businesses.
- Demonstrate an obsession for our customers and pros through constantly focusing on solutions to their problems- we’re here to help!
- Troubleshoot and resolve user inquiries with effective problem-solving skills while building a relationship with the user and providing accurate and complete information. Always go the extra mile to engage our users!
- Make independent and insightful decisions while complying with company procedures, guidelines, and policies.
- Maintain high-performance metrics including quality, adherence, resolution rate, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Continuously look for areas of improvement in your performance, processes, tools, and overall platform.
- Take initiative in resolving high wait times while not sacrificing a great customer experience.
- Engage and contribute as a member of the team through your active participation in
coaching sessions, team meetings, team building activities, and other team and
- Actively demonstrate and uphold the values of Thumbtack
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ years experience in a customer service driven role- BPO, shared services, related industry
- Experience working in a multi-channel (omni) environment- voice experience is a must!
- Mature, self-motivated, and detail-oriented individual
- Customer obsessed with an understanding of what it takes to provide a great experience
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, tech start-up environment
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills that can be used towards effective problem-solving and resolution
- Expert de-escalation and conflict resolution skills
- Adaptability and resilience for handling difficult interactions and frequent change
- Willingness to work all shifts including daytime, mid-day and graveyard shifts. Must be available to work weekend days and some holidays.
- Willingness to participate in overtime in case of increased volumes or reduced staffing.
- Experience and comfortability navigating multiple systems including an ability to get up to speed quickly
- Experience handling escalated customer contacts to identify a mutually beneficial
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
#LI-RemoteBenefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact [email protected].