Senior Ux Web Designer 🔥
Overview of Palantir.net
is a full-service digital consultancy that designs and develops solutions for healthcare, higher education, technology, and public sector clients using Drupal and other open source technologies. We are consultants for complex digital systems who specialize in working with organizations at all stages of their digital transformation. We combine our expertise with theirs to help solve complex problems using an agile approach. Founded in 1996, Palantir is a certified woman-owned small business headquartered near Chicago, Illinois, with a distributed team spread across 16 states. We have been a remote-first company since 2015, and our remote work process allows us to successfully collaborate with our clients wherever they are. Our flexible workplace environment is designed to support different people’s working styles and needs. To learn more about Palantir:
Overview of the position
The primary role of the Senior UX Web Designer is to create visually compelling responsive website designs for clients. Designers will contribute strategically to projects prioritizing a user-centered mindset. Candidates must be able to design, develop, or enhance existing brand systems. Candidates should be comfortable with balancing project objectives, usability best practices, and client needs. You must be comfortable working directly with clients, independently and collaboratively with other members.
- Create concepts and original designs for client projects and internal initiatives.
- Design high-fidelity style tiles, page compositions, and digital style guides.
- Creates HTML/CSS prototypes.
- Produce designs that are on brand.
- Confidently present and provide rationale for your work to teams.
- Be comfortable iterating, receiving feedback, and delivering feedback.
- Work with front-end developers and to identify solutions for executing projects in Drupal and other open source software solutions.
- Work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Effectively juggle multiple projects.
- Employ strong communication skills, able to present and defend work to peers and executive-level stakeholders.
- Big picture thinking, keeping client’s business strategies and goals in mind through every project. Work within design policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Ability to create strategically appropriate and visually compelling responsive website designs.
- Interprets and applies client’s brand standards and guidelines.
- Experience creating design systems and reusable components/patterns.
- Impeccable understanding of typography, layout, color, and all other elements of design.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch and/or InVision Experience working in Agile and self-organizing teams.
- Understands and implements current web accessibility standards.
- Can implement CSS Animations to improve the user experience and overall design of a project.
- Experience developing browser-based prototypes and style guides in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Demonstrated ability to solve design problems quickly with creativity and flexible thinking.
- Effectively manages time between project work and internal initiatives.
- Scopes time and effort involved in design projects
- Serves as a strategic UX design resource
- Able to write documentation for components and their usage.
- Leads and executes all visual design stages from concept to hand-off.
- Experience working with Pattern Lab or other component based design systems.
- Experience designing within the constraints of a CMS.
- Experience working with JIRA or other ticketing systems to manage work.
Submit a resume, cover letter, and link to your portfolio through this site. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Pay is commensurate with experience. Applicants must be located in and legally able to work in the United States. No recruiters please. During your first year your accomplishments might include:
- First 3 months Begin role as UX Designer for a complex Solution Delivery project Conduct design discovery Design concepts, components and style guide Conduct reviews of your and your colleagues’ work on projects Collaborate with developer and UX strategist on your team(s) Adopt Palantir tooling system and approach to work Support colleagues and other members of the UX chapter
- First 6 months Continue taking full responsibility for your role on project(s) Continue active participation in the UX chapter Contribute to UX playbooks and sensible defaults Identify opportunities for innovation within the UX practice
- First year Lead the UX design on several projects Participate in business development activities by facilitating discussions about design with clients and our teams to meet upcoming client needs. Help estimate design work for new business proposals
Overview of Palantir’s Application Process
Palantir.net is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applications will be accepted until our needs for this position are filled.
Important Request for our Application Process
Important Request for our Application Process
As part of our initial application process, we request that you remove personally identifiable information before uploading your resume and cover letter. Our purpose with this request is to reduce unconscious biases. Please keep personally identifiable information limited to the fields you’re asked to complete on the screens in this site (BambooHR).
Please make these changes to identifiable characteristics in your resume and cover letter:
- Update your address to city and state only
- Remove the name of any colleges and universities you have attended
- If you have a connection with a current or former Palantiri, please wait until later in the process to share your connection
Pay is commensurate with experience. The salary range for this role is $107,000 – $114,000.
Applicants must be located in and legally able to work in the United States. No recruiters please.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only useonce you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
- Applicants will be provided with a link to a recorded video presentation that provides additional information about Palantir.net and the position. As part of this, applicants will also be invited to submit questions via an anonymous web form. We will then share answers to the questions we receive in writing with all applicants.
- All applicants will be asked to record a 3-5 minute presentation sharing a design challenge you encountered on a project and how you approached your work and the eventual outcomes. We ask that you share visuals only and not your camera or likeness. Details about how to submit the presentation will be shared via e-mail once your application has been received.
- Applications, including the recording presentations, will be reviewed as they are received. Qualified candidates will be invited to a first interview with our Chief of Staff and Employee Experience Manager. Following these interviews, the candidate pool will be narrowed and those selected will interview with potential project team members and colleagues.
- The team will then recommend candidates for a final interview with CEO Tiffany Farriss. To read more about our approach to hiring, check out this .