Senior Visual Designer 🔥
is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and we know that different folks thrive in different working environments: Remote, onsite, and everything in between, you’ll find it with us.
The Opportunity - Senior Visual Designer
As a Senior Visual Designer, you will act as a creative resource for the marketing department, coordinate with stakeholders across the company, as well as identify and prioritize wider creative and strategic opportunities. Reporting to the Art Director, you’ll be part of a stellar multidisciplinary Creative Services team that upholds and evolves our brand, delivers high-quality assets, and cooks up all kinds of cool creative.
What You’ll Do as a Senior Visual Designer
- Execute various campaign assets including emails, in-app popups, ads, content marketing materials, web, and videos
- Work closely with the Art Director to continue to evolve the brand and create new patterns and systems
- Manage external vendors to create marketing assets that are aligned with the FreshBooks brand
- Mentor junior designers to help them up-level their craft and push the brand further
- Create designs consistent with our Design Standards, Guidelines, and Templates
- Present work to peers and stakeholders, explaining how your designs meet the business objectives using rationale and customer / market insight
- Design and execute bold, experimental initiatives that help FreshBooks customers discover better ways to run their business
What You'll Bring to the Role
- A University or college degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, i.e. Diploma in arts or design
- Minimum of 5+ years in visual design or a related role
- A stellar portfolio of marketing assets, including email, web, content, and motion graphics
- Experience in motion graphics and video
- Proficiency in design tools including Sketch, Figma, InVision, Adobe Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and After Effects
- Participate in design sessions and contribute creative input with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Creativity, originality, and resourcefulness when searching for solutions and a willingness to try new things
You'll Stand Out If You Bring Experience In
- Experience in SaaS or D2C eCommerce
- Experience being a small business owner (or freelancer)
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognises and rewards our employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits. Including retirement savings programs matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, parental leave and new parent support, annual healthy living credit, comprehensive medical and dental benefits dependent on your region, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Canada and Mexico, and remote FreshBookers receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organisation and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. 3 week dedicated company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job, and a bi-annual review process.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or [email protected]