Senior Product Designer, Ciam Products
Senior Product Designer, CIAM Products
Location: Remote US/Canada
Okta’s vision is to accelerate a world where everyone can safely use any technology. We're looking for a Designer to join our Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) team. We create platform- and product-level experiences in a variety of areas covering administrators, developers, and end users in order to help deliver on this vision.
Okta works well because of the interconnecting parts of the whole system, and because we care about the big picture as well as the details. If you love diving into technical nuances—learning exactly how things work—in order to design products that make people's lives easier, we're looking for you!
In this role, you will
- Collaborate cross-functionally through all stages of the product development process from crafting requirements to iterating and shipping elegant solutions
- Learn new subject matter and technical details in order to represent concepts, complex systems, and user experience in any medium that fits the situation (from loose Miro boards to polished, high-fidelity UI in Figma)
- Present your ideas early and often to gather feedback, align stakeholders, uncover edge cases, iterate, and gain support for ideas
- Respectfully challenge conventions and contribute to the evolution of our design system (Odyssey), user experience patterns, and product development process
- Help deepen our empathy for and knowledge of the people we serve: administrators, developers, and end users
- Collaborate with other Okta design team members (including Visual and Content Design, Design Research, and Design Ops) to ensure consistency of experiences across different user scenarios
Who we are looking for
- "Culture fit" for us does not mean you come from a specific background. It means you're a thoughtful, curious, collaborative, kind, patient, persistent, systems thinker. Beyond these core traits, we're seeking candidates who can be a "culture add."
- You can clearly communicate your thinking in words and images
- Having a technical background helps, but is not required as long as you can demonstrate aptitude for working on complex or technical products. Yes, that's intentionally broad! Many industries have hidden complexity. When you apply, please tell us how your experience fits our requirements.
- You can partner closely with Design Research, and do your own research if your partner isn't available
- Bonus points: Experience using qualitative and quantitative data to generate insights and measure success
- Bonus points: You write clear, succinct UI copy
- Degree in a related field or relevant work experience as a Designer
- Strong design fundamentals including conceptual design, information architecture, usability heuristics, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping
- Proficient in Figma (we use this at Okta), Sketch, or similar design tools
- Provide a digital portfolio that showcases your process and repeated success across a variety of projects, including work that has been seen and used in live products. Portfolio link required when applying.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at:.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $117,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits))