Data Analyst 🔥
Snapcommerce is a high-growth company that sits at the intersection of mobile commerce and fintech. Our flagship product, allows millions of users around the world to book their travel over messaging. We are currently in the scale-up phase of the company with plans to grow from ~150 employees to ~300+ employees as fast as possible while maintaining the competitive advantages and culture of being a startup.
With a high-performing team of world-class leaders, Snapcommerce thrives on tackling complex problems within AI, E-commerce, and Conversational Design to push the boundaries of the value we can add to our users’ lives!
At Snapcommerce, we pride ourselves on the performance-driven environment we’ve created for our team to prosper and excel. Our values are rooted in making data driven-decisions and risk-taking actions that add value to both the user and the company. Check out this article from our CEO, Hussein on Snapcommerce's to learn more!
About the role:
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Data Team. As a Data Analyst at SnapCommerce, you will be responsible for using data to answer strategic questions and drive our business strategy and rapid growth. With a strong analytical and data-driven approach, you are well-versed in quantitative analysis and will use your know-how to help our team organize, visualize and understand large data sets.
This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership as you run deep-dive analyses, create regression models, build dashboards, generate reporting to drive business growth, and draw strategic insights from product and user data.
- Consultative: You will work with various business units (product, ops, supply, finance) to help form their strategy using data
- Data-driven Culture: You will be an ambassador for our data-driven culture, taking data and using it to answer business questions and drive strategy & outcomes
- Analysis & Insights: You will support daily requests for data analysis and assist on a variety of projects where you will extract business insights and present findings to key stakeholders
- Visualizations: You will help us to see and understand our data in a way that makes sense, crafting automated dashboards and funnels for various internal teams
- Experienced in writing SQL (demonstrated knowledge)
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Periscope, etc.) and databases (dbt a strong asset)
- Prior experience working with Consumer Lending, E-commerce and/or Supply an asset
- Experience with statistical analysis (e.g. Python, R) is an asset
- Some experience in Finance or Business facing roles (Supply, Product)Able to communicate technical limitations and infrastructure and how it is impacted by business needs
- Exceptional critical thinker coupled with knowledge of how to effectively communicate elaborate concepts
- You're eager to work at a fast-growing startup and learn more about analytics
- Natural curiosity
- We are a Remote-first company, we offer flexible working hours with complete work-from-home freedom and a guilt-free unlimited vacation policy
- Enjoy rewards and travel discounts using SnapTravel
- Competitive salaries, equity options, full benefits from day one, wellness budgets, and paid development - we’ve got you covered!
- UberEats credits, meal budgets, special treats, and team lunches. When in the office, enjoy daily snack services and unlimited coffee, tea, and other drinks
- Guiding continued growth with Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion events, TED talk Tuesdays, and Lunch & Learn opportunities
- We welcome new additions with a generous EI top-up, parental leave, additional vacation, and a flexible return-to-work plan
- Game nights, Happy Hours, internal hackathons, team building games, workouts, and more
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.