Lead Front-end Engineer , Aws Systems Manager 🔥
Location: 100% US Virtual
AWS Systems Manager is the operations hub for the AWS cloud. Many customers from startups to enterprises are running their entire infrastructure or parts of it in AWS. Operating this infrastructure in the cloud in a reliable way is absolutely important to our customers and we are a core part of that story. Many IT administrators and DevOps engineers rely on Systems Manager to operate their infrastructure safely and securely at scale. Systems Manager provides a unified operational dashboard to view operational data from multiple AWS services, manage large fleet of instances, manage their distributed applications as a single unit and automate their operational tasks/runbooks and define safe operational workflows. More info on Systems Manager: https://aws.amazon.com/systems-manager/).
We are looking for a looking for a Senior FEE build highly distributed systems aimed at providing safe operating capabilities for our customers. You should be passionate about being part of a world-class team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results. Driving results in a way that builds on our inclusive culture is expected of a Senior FEE and is key to our long term success.
A day in the life
The Systems Manager team values work-life balance. We value different lifestyles that people have – e.g. daycare pickups, helping a partner who works weekends, caring for aging parents, going to the gym once a day - and we want to provide an inclusive environment for everyone. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Seattle office, but we’re also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later. We are builder-operators of our services at AWS and have an on-call rotation where you’ll participate once every 5-6 weeks. We work to reduce our on-call load by ensuring that our systems are fault tolerant, and resolve the root cause of an issue so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
· 8+ years of software development experience
· 4+ years experience in building web applications with frameworks.
· 4+ years of experience with common front-end technologies, such as React, Angular, Webpack, Babel, and Grunt.
· 3+ years of experience of front-end test frameworks such as Jest with Enzyme, Mocha, Jasmine.
· A solid grasp of fundamental algorithms and applications
Preferred QualificationsMasters Degree or equivalent experience
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience in communicating with stakeholders, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
· Working knowledge of distributed systems and a willingness to jump in and learn what is happening in the back-end code.
· Working knowledge of Node.js
· Can decompose a problem into clear system, API, and UX design actions.
· Passion for operational excellence
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $168,070 -$227,389/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.