Product Manager, It - Product Design 🔥
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX), a nonprofit biomedical research organization, is looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our growing digital experience product management and design team. The Product Designer will use design thinking and UX design practices to understand business and user needs to explore solutions across our various digital products and user experience needs.
Join our growing team of UX design and product management professionals to successfully create experiences that matter to the global researcher community. Using your design thinking skills, as a Product Designer you will combine design and product management practices to make a difference to people who are curing the world’s diseases.
- At the direction of the JMCRS Customer Experience Product Manager, understand the needs of users, explore solutions to key business priorities, prototype possibilities, and evaluate the impact of your designs.
- Help in the preparation of and conduct various types of user research including direct interviews of internal users, external customers, and various stakeholders.
- Lead collaborative design thinking activities to understand what people need, explore options, and evaluate possible solutions
- Create appropriate design artifacts such as journey maps, user personas, empathy maps, storyboards, stakeholder maps, and relevant assessment deliverables.
- Perform analysis of user research and collect data from internal and external sources
- Create visual designs through the use of layouts, colors, and illustrations using modern design tools and techniques.
- Support the development of digital experiences that are responsive and adaptive leveraging knowledge of emerging technologies and UI frameworks.
- Using the JAX product management methodology manage the creation and communication of business cases, product concepts & prototypes, solution roadmaps, and UX designs so that they are impactful, attainable, and clear.
- Working with JMCRS Product Managers, leading the phases of the JAX product management methodology by making user-centered design the driving force behind product decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
- Five or more years of experience in at least one IT or Operational discipline in addition to product leadership, project/program management, and people leadership experience.
- Thrived in the field of digital experience and software design.
- Direct experience as a product manager or working in a product management lead discovery and delivery model.
- Familiarity with tools and techniques to drive collaborative design, communications, prototyping, and visual representations of user experience.
- Understanding of and experience facilitating design thinking activities
- Effective written, oral, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Experience working effectively in a fast-paced team environment in high volume, tight deadline conditions.
- Self-motivation, proactivity, dedication and drive to succeed and contribute to team success.
- Strong interpersonal, professional, and relationship-building skills and ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in all situations to effectively work with a diverse workforce.