Remote Senior Data Analyst 🔥
Edmunds offers flexibility to work fully remote, from our Edquarters, or a combination of both
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is seeking a skilled, detailed-oriented, and enthusiastic Senior Data Analyst experienced in generating actionable insights from large sets of data, measuring business performance, forecasting, and identifying areas of growth and optimization using advanced analytical (modeling) and experimental approaches.
The senior data analyst will serve a hybrid role in supporting our business stakeholders in Traffic (SEO), Product, and/or Tier 3 Sales by monitoring performance of core KPIs aligned to the stakeholder, analyzing and assessing impact of AB tests and experiments (SEO) conducted on the website, creating performance forecasts, and identifying areas of optimization and growth by extracting insights through data exploration, modeling, testing, and experimentation. In addition, the senior data analyst will also lead data science projects aimed to improve conversion, traffic, and revenue as well as maintain and optimize existing traffic forecast models for the business.
This is a great opportunity for an individual with significant business acumen that is interested in playing with the wealth of structured and unstructured data that is available within the car buying ecosystem. Curiosity and business intellect are a must.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with senior business stakeholders to help optimize on our core business KPIs
- Design, conduct and lead complex analyses that mine, extract, track, report and analyze performance metrics
- Interpret and report on trends and communicate findings in actionable terms to decision makers
- Synthesizes complex data/analysis into a visualization that tells the story in a meaningful way
- Provide updates on the performance of our core KPIs as well as insights and recommendations to both our senior stakeholders and executive team in a presentation
- Develop, evaluate, refine, and automate analytic models using data to address business needs, and identify areas of optimization and growth
- Create and produce forecasts, reports, ad hoc requests, dashboards, etc. utilizing our data warehouse and other data source systems and summarize your findings
- Collaborate with different departments and define requirements to improve our reporting suite
- Edmunds is a fast growing and innovative company. Qualified candidates should possess strong project management skills, an ability to multitask and balance competing priorities
- A passion for analytics
- Strong analytical and data mining skills
- Excellent data extraction and manipulation skills - SQL experience required
- Strong forecasting / data modeling / statistical analysis / predictive modeling experience required (R and/or Python)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (PowerPoint)
- Exposure to BI tools such as Tableau is a plus
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field, such as mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science, business analytics, etc. with at least three years of related work experience, or a BS in related field with at least five years of relevant work experience
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, Built in LA and Inc. Magazine. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.