Growth Product Manager 🔥
Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As a Growth Product Manager, you’ll join the Product Development team to take the lead in identifying new opportunities for product expansion into new and existing markets. You’ll be responsible for conducting user and market research to build out business cases for new products and then turn those business opportunities into clearly defined product roadmaps and requirements. Reporting to the Director of Product, you’ll work alongside cross-functional teams of product managers, designers, and software engineers, as well as sales engineers, marketing managers, and customer success leaders to expand Quorum’s suite of products to new markets.
This role is an excellent opportunity to work on both sides of the business, directly engaging on sales strategies and go-to-market planning, as well as providing technical solutions and requirements to deliver new products to market.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You’ll learn about Quorum’s many products, users, and the public affairs world. You’ll start learning about the Development Team’s processes and the Product team’s processes.
- First Month: You’ll begin to conduct user interviews and market research to better understand growth opportunities for product and market expansion.
- First 6 months: You’ll create a business plan outlining the most optimal path for product growth, including a phased product roadmap and requirements.
- First year: You’ll start the development process with a team of engineers and be responsible for managing a backlog, fielding requests, performing QA and analysis and preparing go-to-market and user-facing documentation.
- You have at least four (4) years of full-time professional experience working as a product manager, preferably in the MarTech, Public Affairs, or adjacent industries.
- You have significant experience conducting user and market research, and are able to translate qualitative and quantitative data into a clearly defined product plan.
- You have exceptional communications skills and can effectively present information to a wide range of audiences, from software engineers, to internal stakeholders, to current and prospective customers.
- You have experience managing medium to large sized projects, defining key tasks and influencing teams to stay on schedule.
- You are excited about learning the structure of our engineering teams and immersing yourself in day-to-day interaction.
- You’re a highly-motivated and meticulous self-starter who wants to make valuable contributions to a team from day one. You’re excited about taking initiative and getting your hands dirty to expand your skills and suggesting solutions to challenging problems that require tradeoffs.
About the Product Team
- We’re a fast-growing team that is dedicated to improving our people, processes, and platform and putting our users first
- The product team includes product management, project management, user experience, design, and user research. Product works to understand customer and market needs and to design and deliver world-class solutions that meet those needs
- We’re very close as a team and invest not only in each others’ skills and careers but also in building real relationships with one another: product development is a team sport and we believe that it’s better (and more fun) to work on a team of people that you know well and care about
Our Work Environment
- We are a hybrid team with flexible work options: work remotely or choose to come into our vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office in Washington DC.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office - both together and remote, which we call . Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, virtual art classes and wine tasting.
Do you want to learn what it's like to have a real impact at athat ? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- Base Salary: $110,000 - $150,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company holidays plus additional company-wide days off for team members to rest and recharge
- Four Day Weekends for President’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Free Subscription to the Calm app
- Invest in Yourself Days - one Friday per quarter is dedicated to your professional development!
- Monthly professional development stipend
- One-time Work from Home Stipend
- 401k match
- Choice of trans-inclusive medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Access to the CIGNA Ginger App to provide behavioral health coaching, therapy, psychiatry and self-care resources
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Bright sunlit open office concept with your own dedicated desk (if you want it)
- Inclusion & Diversity Affinity Groups to support belonging
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Accounting Manager role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources:, , , .
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.