Security Operations Analyst 🔥
Aiven is a hypergrowth Platform-as-a-Service company offering the best in open source and data technologies on multiple cloud platforms.
Headquartered in Helsinki with hubs in Berlin, Boston, Paris, Sydney, Singapore, Tokyo and Toronto, Aiven provides managed open source data technologies, such as PostgreSQL, Apache Kafka and M3, on all major clouds.
In 2022, we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel our global expansion, the comprehensiveness of our platform and to focus on new programs in sustainability and diversity in tech.
Open source is at our core. We compensate our employees who contribute to open source outside of their daily work with Aiven and we have set up an Open Source Program Office (OSPO), to actively focus on giving back to the open source community.
Aiven’s mission is to enable customers to drive business results from open source, transforming their businesses. We love to operate our favorite tools at scale and empower our customers, in over 60 countries, to do great work.
We live by our values of courage, openness and ownership every day, and continually strive to ensure that every Aivener is empowered to contribute creatively and meaningfully, in a work environment where they have the tools to succeed and the comfort and support to be themselves.
We are looking for a security analyst to work on our cloud operations platform with a specific focus on Information Security Operations. This person will operate and help further develop security controls to protect Aiven’s production infrastructure as a member of a growing team of experienced security specialists and analysts.
As a security analyst, this person will be responsible for operating Aiven’s Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system, other intrusion detection and prevention systems, resolving vulnerability scanning results and triaging of security alerts. In addition, Aiven security analysts are responsible for sharing important security information with relevant stakeholders and improving security awareness overall.
In this role you will contribute to the operational capabilities of the Aiven SOC by participating in daily monitoring, reaction and proactive defense tasks. This role also contains various other tasks depending on applicant skill level and interest, such as log-source onboarding, use case creation, detection rule tuning, and reporting and continuous development of the Aiven SIEM platform. You are expected to assist in security incident response and investigations. You will be responsible for updating and creating playbooks, and sharing knowledge acquired during your daily tasks, so strong written and verbal english skills are important.
Information Security is critical for success in our business and has a strong mandate from the company leadership. We hold ISO27001:2013 certification and are SOC2 compliant. The Aiven security team is well-resourced and development minded. You will have the ability to work in a unique hyper-scaling environment with a modern tech stack, developing your skills and abilities along the way.
The job location can be any of AIVEN remote offices in Europe. - Finland, Berlin, UK, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, France and Switzerland.
Key requirements for success in this role include:
- 2+ years of Information Security experience
- Ability to triage security issues and communicate them clearly
- Interest and relevant skills in understanding technical information security controls and concepts
- Linux systems administration and networking skills
- Understanding of enterprise information security fundamentals
- Knowledge of security operations analysis, detection and response tools including, but not limited to, SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR
- Experience with SIEM technologies
- Relevant technical certificates like OSCP, OSCE, CISSP or preparing for one
- You have discovered or fixed vulnerabilities in software or hardware
- Blue team experience
- Distributed systems knowledge
- Involvement in the InfoSec community
- Scripting and/or software development experience
- Passion for open source
- An agile working environment with short decision paths
- Compensation for open-source contributions made in your free time
- Flexible working hours, including remote work
- Choose the devices and tools that make you work the best
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- Office snacks, soft drinks, treats and fruits
Please note that benefits and perks may slightly differ depending on location.
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit team, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a great success story. If you are interested, please send us your application!