Senior Security Consultant - Segmentation- Architecture & Engineering 🔥
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re the largest cyber security systems integrator in North America, and we’re looking for top tier security consultants to join our Technology Management practice.
We are looking for self-motivated, independent, and outgoing security consultants who enjoy the challenge of constantly changing clients and technical environments, with the opportunity to learn new technologies from 150 of the brightest technical minds in the industry.
As a Senior Consultant in our Architecture & Engineering practice, you will lead the implementation of security solutions for our clients and support the clients in their desire to protect the business. We are looking for people with experience deploying multiple OEM technologies.
Who we are looking for:Our consultants are skilled technical and consultative resources expected to be strong in both technical and soft skills. A Consultant must be a proven self-starter with the ability to problem-solve, communicate, participate in diverse project teams from a technical perspective, and interface effectively with customers, vendor partners, and colleagues. Establish & maintain productive and respectful relationships with the delivery team, practice management, and client management team.
How you will make an impactYou will actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. Deliver timely engagements and works closely with Practice Directors to drive training and education, career development, performance development, and collaboration across the team.
In line with Optiv’s commitment to quality, you will confirm that work is of the highest quality as per Optiv’s quality standards, by reviewing the work provided by other members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to solo deliver or act as "point" for complex technology implementation projects
- Lead in capacity planning and HW specification recommendation efforts
- Lead in all Technology deployment activities, connector configuration, custom rule development, workflow configuration and development, and third-party system integration
- Understand the customer requirements and deliverables and create a comprehensive Statement of Work (SOW)
- Working closely with customers and their Technical Team
- Lead User Acceptance Testing and bug-related engineering efforts
- Design, implement and educate on specific technology build processes, code migration, and source control use
- Provide knowledge transfer and post-production support activities as necessary
- Effective team communicator
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations such as ISSA
- Obtain and maintain top tier vendor certification
- Complete administrative project tasks like time and expense entry, status reporting, and project completion reporting
- Acts as contributor in Optiv communities for solutions of focus
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 5-7 years of related work experience
- Strong communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Approximately 4-7 years of technical architecture experience
- Experience architecting and operating SD-WAN solutions (Aruba-Silverpeak, Cisco-Viptela, Palo Alto-Prisma, VMware-VeloCLoud, Zscaler-ZIA,ZPA)
- Experience architecting and operating Micro Segmentation solutions (illumio, Palo Alto-Prisma, Guardicore, Cisco ACI, VMware-NSX, Zscaler-ZWS)
- Experience architecting and operating Network Access Control solutions for Wired, Wireless and WAN
- Experience with Hypervisors: (VMware, Hyper-V, and KVM)
- Working knowledge of AAA authentication systems such as LDAP and MS Active Directory
- Familiarity with routing- protocols (BGP, EGP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, IS-IS, MPLS, GRE, IPSec, VPN, SSL, TLS)
- Familiarity with Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Familiarity with using various operating systems including Windows, Mac, and GNU/Linux
- Hands-on knowledge with network troubleshooting using tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, Traceroute, and MTR
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection, such as PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive, International Cross Border
- Familiarity with the Purde Model for ICS security, and frameworks based on that model, such as NIST 800-82, CPwE.
- Working knowledge of operating systems, virtual machine environments, mainframe security packages, and relational database management systems
- Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas
- Ability to build consensus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs
- Industry certifications such as CCIE, JNCIE, ACMX, ACCX, CISSP or CCSP preferred
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.• Work/life balance. We offer “Recharge” a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge • Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities. • The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.