Devops Engineer 🔥
GBG offers a range of solutions that help organisations quickly validate and verify the identity and location of their customers. Our market-leading technology, data and expertise help our customers improve digital access, deliver a seamless experience and establish trust, so that they can transact quickly, safely and securely with their customers online. We have over 1,000 team members across 15 countries and work with over 20,000 customers in over 70 countries. Some of the world's best-known businesses rely on GBG to provide digital services and keep the economy moving.
The role fits in the Product Delivery team, within the global Technology function at GBG, working to ensure that GBG deliver a world-class experience for all our customers globally.
The DevOps Engineer works within the Deployment Centre of Excellence (CoE) which focuses on the strategic design, build, implementation, support and improvement of core platforms and technologies that underpin the build and deployment of GBG products and services consumed by GBG customers.
The DevOps Engineer will support the design, build and implementation of successful continuous integration and deployment pipelines, ensuring operability and supportability of GBG production platforms, enabling quality and pace in delivery. Collaborating with other Product Delivery CoE and the Operational Support teams to evolve our business DevOps capability, managing and delivering the deployment pipelines for strategic products and platforms and ensuring the right level of telemetry, instrumentation and performance monitoring is built into our products and services from inception to deliver success to GBG and its customers.
What you will do
- Work with Product Delivery squads to implement, enhance and manage continuous integration practices
- Work Product Delivery squads to design release and deployment pipelines; and hold responsibility for the management, delivery and improvement of deployments into production.
- Support the automated deployment of infrastructure into cloud platforms.
- Take a leading role in the design, integration and implementation of monitoring tools for GBG platforms, seeking continual improvement and ensuring effective transition into Operational Support.
- Be the point of expertise, escalation and authority in the use of tooling for delivery and operations usage.
- Use your development skills and design new processes and procedures for tooling integration with application and cloud infrastructure.
- Liaise closely with other Product Delivery CoE’s and Operational Support to design, build and implement operability and supportability of production best practice for production systems.
- Provide a best in class 3rd Line support for strategic core platforms, optimising performance and reliability.
- Share your personal knowledge and experience to uplift skills and competencies of team members and colleagues in your expert area.
- Proactively identify trends to address problems before they become incidents.
- Continually develop skills, competencies and knowledge to support your personal development and actively participate in setting and achieving performance objectives for self, team and technology
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer in a fast-paced agile environment
- Passion for technology, inquisitive and ability to succeed in implementation and delivery of new solutions
- Experience of the following :
- IaS and Configruation Management tooling - Terraform & Ansible Ideally
- Experience across GCP and/or AWS preferred
- Orchestration and Containerisation - Kubernetes very much preferred
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment tooling - E.g Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Gitllab
- Experience in code repositories
- Scripting in python/bash/powershell
- Strong communications, relationship building and influencing skills and proven ability to simplify complex technical issues for non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience developing and executing plans including risk management
- Strong presentation, inter-personal, written and communication skills
- Creative, pro-active and a strong problem solver
We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference, everyone has something to contribute. Maybe you too could make a difference.
As part of our commitment to our team and flexible working approach, we have created a Work When and Where You Want Policy to give our team members choice and empowerment, and to support a balance in work and home life. Please ask your Talent Attraction Specialist for more information on this and our Family Friendly policy if you want to find out more!
If you’re interested, please apply! We’re looking to hire the best and most engaged people into our business and we’ll make an offer once we’ve found that person.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Specialist if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.