Senior Devops Engineer, Presonus 🔥
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (“FMIC”) located in Hollywood, CA. Fender Digital Products is making apps, websites, platforms and tools to compliment the guitars, amps and audio gear that Fender makes. Building on this brand authenticity, Fender is building a digital ecosystem of products and interactive experiences for the new and experienced player alike. We are aiming to create products — digital and physical — that enable all players at every point in their musical journey.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument; it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help build and harden our serverless infrastructure on AWS. We will focus on minimizing frustration - getting the nuts and bolts out of the way so our developers can be nimble and creative, and automating the daylights out of things so the oncall is as painless as possible. Your skillset will augment and complement existing resources - we benefit from broad knowledge, not a clone army.
What you'll do:
- DevOps supports Data, Platform, Frontend, Mobile, and Marketing teams.
- We are involved in Fender Digital’s products from beginning to end - from guiding practical design decisions all the way through deploying code that lives at the production edge.
- Focus on repeatability and disaster recovery by documenting infrastructure as code.
- Anticipate issues and keep an eye out for ways to optimize. Things are never really “done” and should evolve.
- Work well in a dedicated but flexible environment that prefers productivity to red tape.
- We teach our work to empower developers.
- Understand the benefits of a healthy work/life balance and endeavor in service of maintaining those boundaries.
- With few exceptions, we aren’t married to any product or method - we use whatever tool is right for the task. That said, you should be able to readily distinguish between a new tool that is actually useful and one that is just fresh and flashy.
- Implementation, operation and monitoring of our front- and back-end infrastructure
- Share in 24x7x365 on-call rotation
- Writing Terraform to deploy new infrastructure
- Reviewing and approving developer PRs that contain infrastructure changes
- Proactively researching solutions to architectural gaps and overcomplex processes
- Working with developers to design infrastructure and code that complement each other, including post-deploy troubleshooting
- 5+ years of experience working in an infrastructure or operations role (preferably using DevOps methodologies)
- Experience with modern open source web technologies
- Extensive experience with and deep understanding of AWS products and automation - serverless especially!
- Strong background with Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with modern monitoring / alerting tools
- Critical thinking skills, curiosity, and a focus on security from the start
- Be curious. There's always something that can be improved, even if you haven't thought of it yet. Especially if you haven't thought of it yet.
- We like related extracurriculars. Circuit bending, hacking, playing an instrument, and general cleverness are a plus
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit. FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.