Devops Engineer + Sign On Bonus 🔥
A Senior position within Future PLC’s Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) team means becoming accountable for the long term success of many elements of the SRE team platform. The role requires a strong technical background alongside a passion for exploration and new opportunities. A Senior SRE is not expected to provide any formal coaching, or leadership to others, but would be expected to support mentoring and be a positive influence for the growth of our team and our department.
As a Senior SRE you will also be responsible for providing technical oversight for Futures delivery infrastructure and the success of teams that rely on that infrastructure.
You will bring strong leadership skills applied in a technical context with a team of engineers. You will help steer your team towards a common technical vision. You’ll help analyze the current system, it’s strengths and limitations. You will participate in roadmap and project planning efforts and will have ownership for delivering it.
You’ll be participating in project management efforts as the teams execute on plans, and you’ll have a role in communicating progress and status to stakeholders.
- Lead by example - Provide technical leadership for several functional areas in the SRE team like monitoring, logging, security, and more.
- Take ownership for SRE projects and drive them forward
- Support SRE Leads in accountability for meeting Futures SLAs and SLOs
- Collaborate closely with development and project team mates to deliver on our shared goals
- Implement, evolve and maintain runbooks, automation and documentation to improve working practices and system operation
- Attend events, conferences and workshops to maintain awareness of industry trends and support their adoption within the organisation
- Design, build and operate highly resilient, performant and observable infrastructure that serves the changing business objectives
- Collaborate with third-party suppliers and customers where required to support business requirements
- Translate high level technical guidance into actionable direction for the teams and initiatives
- Respond to out of hours incidents as part of a shared rotation
- Identify and drive cost-optimisation.
- Previous experience providing technical direction for a team of engineers
- Experience in directing long term projects and collaborating with teammates on its delivery
- Experience developing and reviewing complex technical requirements, and translating them into actionable tasks for engineers
- Good understanding of the full SDLC process
- Proficient with Infrastructure as Code tools for managing Azure resources (Terraform and ARM templates)
- Experience with Deployment techniques (Blue/Green, Canary etc)
- Is opinionated on what good looks like for delivering both software and infrastructure via CI/CD pipeline best practices
- Experience implementing and maintaining AzureDevOps pipelines
- Observability at scale with tools such as Azure Monitor, Application Insights and Log Analytics
- Good understanding of Landing Zone architectural patterns (ideally Azure Cloud Adoption Framework)
- Understanding of immutable infrastructure
- Performance and Cost Optimisation from architectural and engineering perspective.
- Good Understanding of IAAS and PAAS Azure services
- Proficient with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible
- A share in our success - every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
It's a fast paced environment as we continuously look to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. If you are a collaborative disruptor who can see a way to play a part in delivering our bigger picture with personality, finesse and courage, then we want to hear from you. Let’s do this.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job
Our Future, Our Responsibility - Inclusion and Diversity at Future
We have a voice and we’re going to use it. We promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do. We’re an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process is free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respecting of all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values and employees - current and future - are treated with respect and fairness. Find out more about Our Future, Our Responsibility on our website