Corporate Tax Director - Remote 🔥
Stage 1 Financial LLC is the premier financial services firm and VC for high growth exciting consumer brands. We are female founded and a remote first environment with a belief in human autonomy in the workplace.
We are looking for a resourceful and motivated Tax Director to join our growing company! This position will report to our CFO and will be building out and leading our Corporate Tax team and ensuring that income tax compliance and reporting (ASC 740) is completed timely and accurately for our clients. You’ll help develop a strategy for our clients to stay ahead of and manage state and local tax burdens and to identify opportunities that result from evolving changes in legislation and administrative policy changes.
- Primary point of contact for clients on all tax compliance and consulting matters
- Oversee complex tax research projects for a variety of clients and diverse industries.
- Develop key processes and procedures for scalability
- Assess client’s state and local tax burden and recommend solutions that support their overall business objectives to ensure that their filling positions are consistent with good business practices and with the states applicable tax laws and rules
- Work with clients to develop favorable solutions related to income and franchise tax controversies
- Develop a strategy for our clients to stay ahead of and manage state and local tax burdens and to identify opportunities that result from evolving changes in legislation and administrative policy changes
- Coach others, recognize their strengths, and build an effective positive team; reviewing your teams work and providing them with counseling, leadership, and career guidance.
- Analyze complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendation
- Core competency in ASC 740 and hands-on experience in preparing, reviewing, and managing federal and state corporate tax returns and income tax provision and reporting disclosures.
- Advise executive team of the business impact of new tax laws and related income and transaction tax regulations, court decisions and proposed tax legislations
- Preparation of corporate federal and state income tax returns, estimated tax projections and tax provision analysis
You Have (Requirements):
- 7+ years of experience working in a professional services organization as a corporate taxation specialist with a focus on private companies.
- BS/BA degree in accounting or related field
- CPA license required
- Core competency in income tax accounting (ASC 740) and compliance
- Experience with complex tax accounting topics including business combinations, share based compensation, joint ventures, uncertain tax positions, valuation allowance analysis, etc
- Demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
- Experience from Big 4 or other large international public accounting or consulting firm preferred.
- Masters’ Degree in Business Taxation
More About Stage 1 Financial
Stage 1 Financial LLC is pioneering the rise of a new industry, fully outsourcing the operational finance and accounting services for fast growing brands. We have experienced explosive growth in the past several years, currently working with over a hundred of the fastest growing brands in the country. Some current and past clients include Herbivore Botanicals, Lemon Perfect Beverage, Freck Beauty, Final Mouse, Miyokos Creamery and The Beard Club.
We offer a competitive base salary, bonus, 15 days PTO per year for your first 3 years & 20 days per year after 4 years, CPA eligible hours, advanced schooling flexibility, CPE/CLE eligible hours, plus extremely competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k plus more.