Senior Associate - Tax Accountant 🔥
As our firm continues to grow, we are seeking a* Senior Associate* to join the Tax group who strives to perform at a high level of service. Under minimal supervision, this individual can work independently and is a strong self-starter.
The Senior Associate performs a variety of professional accounting work. The primary responsibility will be preparing federal and state tax returns of individuals and businesses; also preparing and maintaining financial data and records for assigned clients. Additionally, the Senior Associate prepares other tax filings (sales, payroll, excise, etc.) as assigned.
At Abdo, we’re not your typical accounting firm. For us, ‘Lighting the path forward’ means that we go well beyond traditional accounting and auditing to deliver solutions that help our clients succeed. We carefully seek out the best People and trust them to carry out a proven, client-centered Process.
Our culture is built on the following principles:
- Relationships: We give our best to our clients and to each other.
- Teamwork: We accomplish great things together.
- Growth & Development: We get better every day.
- Prepare assigned tax returns included individual, corporate, partnership and/or non-profit returns
- Prepare assigned basic amended returns, personal tax projections, property tax refunds, employee benefit plan returns, carryback returns, sales tax, 1099 statement and/or payroll tax returns
- Perform analytical and detailed work with numerical data efficiently and accurately
- Prepare and maintain financial data and records for assigned clients
- Utilize and develop a functional understanding of various tax programs, tax and research software, and internal workflow/procedures
- Exercise discretion and judgement when working with confidential client matters
- Meets productivity standards
- Provide assistance, including tax research, to department staff and partners as needed
- Recognize, anticipate and resolve tax issues; make recommendations
- Develop team members and participate in business development activities
- Begin to work towards a specialty/focus area either in a service area or industry segment
- Follow firm accounts receivable policy and cease working on clients with a balance of 90+ days
- Accurately report and release billable and non-billable time consistently and understands its importance
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; CPA preferred
- 2+ years of experience working in public accounting
- Possess and apply sound technical and operational knowledge in the practice area.
- Knowledge and ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, FASB regulations, and various software applications
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and staff, clients, and other external business contacts
- Excellent client-service orientation with an ability to expand services and develop new business
Attracting, developing, and retaining the best employees are our highest priorities at Abdo, LLP. Listed as one of America's Top Recommended Tax and Accounting Firms by Forbes, we are always seeking talented individuals who can contribute to the continued growth and success of our firm. If you desire flexibility and control in your work schedule along with recognition for your efforts, Abdo has the opportunity you’re looking for! Apply online TODAY!
We will consider out of state candidates for this position.
Flexible Workplace: *
As a flexible workplace, we support a variety of working arrangements including working mostly from home, a hybrid model, or working mostly from the office. We want our people to work where they work best! We are also open to remote candidates for this position.
Interviews for this position may be conducted via Zoom video. Please let us know if you need assistance with this technology.
EEO Policy: Abdo LLP and its subsidiary companies are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any legally-recognized basis “protected class” including but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or marital preference, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law._
Job Type: Full-time