Senior Associate - Auditor / Accountant 🔥
As our firm continues to grow, we are looking for a* Senior Associate* who strives to perform at a high level of service. Under minimal supervision, this individual can work independently and is a strong self-starter.
As a Senior Associate, you will perform a variety of professional auditing and attest work, including the planning and execution of assigned engagements from start to finish. You will be responsible for auditing and performing attest services, ensuring that all financial data is recorded consistent with established policy and procedures. This position will also assist on special projects as needed.
At Abdo, we’re not your typical accounting firm. If you’re looking for somewhere to punch the clock while pushing papers, this is not the place for you. But if you’re ready to light the path forward to make a difference in the lives of our team and clients, we’d like to meet you!
Our culture is built on the following principles:
- Relationships: We give our best to our clients and to each other.
- Growth & Development: We get better every day.
- Teamwork: We accomplish great things together.
- Prepare and review workpapers in conformity with standards including scope/objective/procedure/conclusion, adequate supporting documentation, tickmark and workpaper cross references
- Draft, foot, proof, and does final read of audit reports, financial statements, and other necessary engagement documentation
- Utilize and have a high level of understanding of firm software and internal workflow/processes
- Exercise discretion and judgement when working with confidential client matters
- Utilize various resources such as Thomson Reuters Checkpoint to perform research as assigned or as required for engagement performance
- Assist in developing and maintaining client and staff relationships
- Responsible for direct and indirect supervision of staff accountants and interns on individual engagements
- Perform client billing duties as/if assigned in accordance with firm processes and policies
- Develop team members and participate in business development activities
- Begin to work towards a specialty/focus area either in a service area or industry segment
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; CPA preferred
- 2+ years of public accounting audit experience
- Possess and apply sound technical and operational knowledge in the practice area.
- Knowledge and ability to apply Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, FASB regulations, and various software applications
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and staff, clients, and other external business contacts
- Excellent client-service orientation with an ability to expand services and develop new business
Attracting, developing, and retaining the best employees are our highest priorities at Abdo, LLP. Listed as one of America's Top Recommended Tax and Accounting Firms by Forbes, we are always seeking talented individuals who can contribute to the continued growth and success of our firm. If you desire flexibility and control in your work schedule along with recognition for your efforts, Abdo has the opportunity you’re looking for! Apply online TODAY!
Flexible Workplace: *
As a flexible workplace, we support a variety of working arrangements including working mostly from home, a hybrid model, or working mostly from the office. We want our people to work where they work best! We are also open to remote candidates for this position.
Interviews for this position may be conducted via Zoom video. Please let us know if you need assistance with this technology.
EEO Policy: Abdo LLP and its subsidiary companies are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any legally-recognized basis “protected class” including but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or marital preference, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law._
Job Type: Full-time