Tax and Accounting Analyst 🔥
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
Age of Learning, Inc. is seeking a knowledgeable Accounting Analyst to support various tax and accounting related tasks and projects. The ideal candidate is proactive, comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. This role will work closely with both finance and accounting teams, implementing and managing various projects in addition to overall support in tax and accounting.
Responsibilities - Tax:
- Assist with the preparation of monthly sales/use tax calculations and filings
- Collaborate internally to obtain information requests for tax related matters
- Assist with income and other tax matters, including correspondence to tax authorities and third-party provides (as backup support)
- Support with the preparation of monthly tax related accruals and reconciliations of tax accounts
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations, journal entries, and flux analysis at month-end
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Support critical finance and accounting projects, including implementation of new system enhancements, accounting standards and ad-hoc requests as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent years of experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in the Accounting field preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Understanding of accounting fundamentals
- Experience with corporate income tax software (e.g. OneSource Income Tax or similar software) is a plus.
- Deep analytical skills and attention to detail; able to multi-task on multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and manage information with integrity
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
- A 401(k) program with employer match
- 15 paid vacation days, 11 observed national paid holidays plus 9 sick days
- Our flexible work culture means 2 or more days in the office (hybrid) or 100% fully remote options available for most positions
- Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
- Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
- Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
- Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
Job Type: Full-time