Payroll Accountant 🔥
Driven by the expansion in the company’s test menu, revenue growth and geographic growth of its employee base, the Company is seeking a fast-paced, results-oriented, hands-on person to join its accounting and finance team. We have an opportunity for a Payroll Accountant position reporting to the Payroll and Stock Manager.
Your focus areas include:
- Working as a team to process US payroll for approximately 500 hourly and salaried employees.
- Prepare and process small Canadian payroll (less than 10)
- Preparing post-payroll 401(k), FSA and HSA contribution files for remittance to Fidelity and external vendors
- Reviewing international employees’ payroll prepared by external parties
- Preparing month-end payroll journal entries and related month-end account reconciliation
- Preparing schedules to support financial, tax, 401(k) and workers compensation audits and other surveys/reports requiring employee payroll data (e.g. proxy statement)
- Managing the ADP payroll system and making recommendations for system improvement and process automation
- Assisting the Payroll and Stock Manager on payroll and other projects
- Responding to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters
- Maintaining compliance with accounting policies, procedures and SOX controls for payroll process, and performing SOX testing on other accounting processes
The successful candidate will have the ability to take on more responsibilities as the company grows.
Who You Are:
You thrive in a fast paced, results-oriented, hands-on environment. Former colleagues describe you as team oriented with outstanding integrity and accuracy in your work. You have a can-do, figure-it-out mentality with a strong sense of urgency and pro-activeness in your work and career. You have excellent customer service skills when responding to employees and frequently suggest ways to improve processes or resources so that your customers and stakeholders' needs are met.
In addition to a BS/BA in finance/accounting, you possess at least 3 years of real-world experience in the HR/Payroll field.
Experience with the NetSuite and ADP WorkforceNow software and international payroll matters is strongly preferred. Having knowledge and a willingness to learn stock-related transactions such as options, ESPP and RSUs is desirable.
What We Can Offer You:
Veracyte is a growing company that offers significant career opportunities if you are curious, driven, patient-oriented and aspire to help us build a great company. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, and are committed to fostering an inclusive workforce, where diverse backgrounds are represented, engaged, and empowered to drive innovative ideas and decisions. We are proud to have been named a “Bay Area Top Workplace” for seven years in a row by the Bay Area News Group, based solely on employee feedback.
Job Type: Full-time