Truss Designer/estimator 🔥
Opportunity for $1500 signing bonus!
Come join our family-owned, billion-dollar company, where you will be recognized & valued for your hard work. We offer competitive pay, paid holidays, & full benefits!
*This is a fully REMOTE position - You can work from anywhere!*
A Carter Components Truss Designer/Estimator is responsible for estimating and quoting the production of roof and floor trusses and/or wall panels. Ensures drawings are produced accurately and timely based off of blueprints provided by customers. Requires the knowledge of commonly used concepts and practices within the construction industry. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
Requirements to be Considered for this Position:
- Knowledgeable in the basic aspects of construction
- Previous experience using truss software
- High level of knowledge in the application of the products being designed
- Competency in basic mathematics, geometry and trigonometry
- Knowledgeable in reading architectural and structural plans
- Ability to analyze, trouble shoot and problem solve
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Creates design illustrations based from blueprints to produce working drawings for fabrication.
- Completes and finalizes design estimating
- Evaluates designs to ensure that design standards are being met.
Analyzes and Troubleshoots:
- Reviews and analyzes specifications, blueprints, engineered drawings and related designs to determine factors affecting design of the wall, truss and engineered wood components.
- Communicates with production teams, customers and Store Managers to ensure designs are accurate throughout the process. Assists stores in responding to questions/concerns from customers.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Flexibility to work fully remote!
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Company-paid AD&D Coverage
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Additional Supplemental Life Insurance Available
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
- Much more!