Lead Ux Designer - Keepstock 🔥
At Grainger we keep the world working, and the Grainger Technology Group is an especially exciting place to be. We are creating and building systems to keep Grainger a Fortune 500 company and one of the Top 100 Places to Work, and to extend our market leadership for the next 100 years.
An important part of Grainger is our KeepStock inventory management service, which we are reinventing to guarantee a best-in-class experience bringing the greatest value possible to our customers. We are looking for a Lead User Experience Designer to help create experiences for KeepStock's web, mobile, and vending device platforms as a part of this growing team of diverse and geographically dispersed professionals.
The Lead User Experience Designer for KeepStock will use well-developed interaction design and research skills to design and reshape elements of the KeepStock ecosystem, a suite of custom enterprise tools across web, mobile, and device platforms that allow our field teams to guide exceptional customer experiences. This is a full-spectrum UX interaction design role – from research and solution design to workflows and testing – with an emphasis on team collaboration. While a facility for visual design and understanding of front-end development will undoubtedly be useful, they will not comprise the majority of work in this role.
This is a unique opportunity to employ high-tech software and service design within a top rated, well-established industrial supplier. You will report to the Senior Manager of UX Design for KeepStock.
- Work with Product Managers, Engineers, Architects, QA, and other members of the UX team to design experiences for customers and Grainger's internal users
- Collaborate with other UX and UI Designers to align patterns and priorities
- Facilitate discussions with users and partners to define experience needs
- Create early-stage concepts to facilitate discussion, feedback, and agreement
- Translate requirements and user needs into tangible interaction designs through detailed user flows and annotated wireframes
- Understand technical and business constraints and scale designs for iterative release, ensuring user needs are met in each iteration
- Evaluate current experiences and provide recommendations for improvement
- Communicate design decisions, rationale, and direction when presenting work
- Develop detailed documentation for design standards
- Conduct user research, user testing and secondary research
- Conduct evaluative user testing, secondary research, and session replay analysis to improve experiences
- 5+ years of demonstrated UX experience working with Agile product teams; enterprise B2B experience preferred
- Formal education in Human Centered Design, Design Methods, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience designing and solving problems for complex business processes
- A deep understanding of design, usability, and research principles and best practices
- Proficiency in a selection of common wireframing, design, and testing tools
- Experience designing for native mobile (iOS and Android) solutions
- Experience using and contributing to pattern libraries and design systems
- Facilitation and collaboration skills
- Experience designing for responsive web solutions
- Initiative to plan and execute work
- Work samples that show how you break down complexity, empathize with the user, and balance user needs, requirements, and technical considerations
- Prior experience with eCommerce, inventory management, or physical product UI are all a plus
Grainger is North America's leading distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating products and services. Our wide assortment, deep expertise, innovative technology solutions and unparalleled customer service keep customers' operations running and their people safe.
We're looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. We have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way at Grainger.
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members' individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical, and social wellbeing programs
- Work from home flexibility
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.