Bhjob15656_16530 - Aws Cloud Devops Engineer-w2 Only 🔥
Myticas Consulting is currently seeking an AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer for a contract position with our direct client.
NOTE: Open for W2 candidates only!
Location: 100% Remote (Client based in Chicago, IL)
Duration: 12 Months Contract
The Cloud DevOps Engineer is a technical professional responsible for participating the design, development, testing, implementation and the support of the Cloud platform ecosystem. This role will support efforts to create infrastructure to streamline development and deployment of applications using modern Cloud DevOps practices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the design, development, and management of Cloud platform ecosystems and infrastructure
- Works closely with software development teams and other functional groups to assist in the development of a robust, flexible and scalable platform
- Assists in the design and development of automated deployment tooling and infrastructure including environments, code management, orchestration deployment, testing, and monitoring, using a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process
- Participates in the development of common components and templates for resources in Cloud environments using Infrastructure as Code
- Integrates on premise solutions with Cloud resources
- Builds out solutions based on security, monitoring, logging, and alerting requirements
- Coordinates technical and end-user resources to execute moderately complex tests and analyze testing results.
- Provides assistance and technical support regarding architectural and procedural best practices both across departments and applications including rotational on call support
- Maintains technical documentation for designs and operational procedures
- Identifies opportunities for automation of operational tasks to increase efficiency and lower the human intervention of repetitive activities.
- Contributes to a culture of continuous improvement and proactively searches for ways to apply DevOps tooling and practices to increase productivity of engineering and operations teams
- Bachelor"s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent background or experience
- 2-3 years of experience working with cloud based platforms in an enterprise environment
- 2-3 years software engineering experience in a team based environment
- Experience with programming tools, computer interfaces, and application architectures
- Experience deploying, managing, operating and monitoring of applications in scalable, highly available and fault tolerant data centers (both on-premise and hosted), AWS
- Experience learning, sharing, and implementing best practices with the ability to define operational processes, implement DevOps, deployment checklists
- Experience with Python or Node.js
- Experience with source code management tools; Git
- Experience developing solutions in an iterative (Agile) approach
- Experience with Continuous Integration build tools and technologies; GitLab, CloudFormation, Terraform
- Basic knowledge and experience of scripting languages
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts
- Experience with system configuration tools and implementation of architectural frameworks (Service Oriented Architecture, Domain-Driven Design)
- Knowledge of container orchestration solutions; Docker