Associate Software Developer 🔥
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?” If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Developer in the Visualization Division of the SAS R&D organization, you will join a team of talented engineers working collaboratively to ideate and deliver leading edge, innovative products and solutions. You will be a member of the SAS Studio development team. SAS Studio is a multi-tier web application that provides the gateway into the SAS Platform for programmers wanting to develop with the SAS language, with Python or by using a point and click interface to develop business process flows.
- Be comfortable developing and debugging front-end software in a web application which is supported by middle-tier, microservice, and database technologies.
- Design and develop high quality, testable and scalable software solutions within established timelines.
- Be aware of and adhere to R&D best practices and processes.
- Actively involve other project stakeholders (e.g., managers, developers, user interface and visual designers, product managers) to ensure implementation satisfies functional requirements and is consistent with established R&D standards.
- Participate in project scoping and scheduling; use Jira to track progress of individual tasks and alert stakeholders of issues blocking or preventing completion of task
- Ensure the quality of the code you write through the development of automated tests (unit, performance, user interface).
- Conduct code reviews to ensure integrity and cross-product consistency.
- Work closely with testing by providing thorough reviews of the test plan and communicate when updates to the plan should be made to cover code changes related to enhancements, redesigns and/or bug fixes.
- Maintain accountability for the entire life cycle of the code including support for both internal and external consumers.
- In collaboration with technical writers, authors appropriate level of design and technical documentation that satisfies both internal and external consumers.
- Perform testing of software; verifies, tracks, and fixes "bugs"; modifies software design, as necessary.
- Work in a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery ecosystem to deliver enterprise software at a regular pace.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field
- You have 1 year of programming experience in an applications development environment.
- You have familiarity with supporting tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Git, Gerrit, Hibernate, and Kubernetes
- You have experience with both Windows and Linux.
- You approach every task with a quality-first mindset
- You have experience with open-source container-orchestration systems like Kubernetes
- You have experience with cloud architectures and at least one major public cloud provider.
- You have experience with agile software development.
- Exceptional aptitude for problem solving and debugging of complex multitiered software applications.
- Ability to pivot quickly and seamlessly as projects and business needs dictate.
- Detail oriented and well-organized with a strong ability to prioritize, plan, and execute tasks.
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communications.
- Comfortable working in a distributed, team-based environment
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process. #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.