Software Engineer 🔥
As a Software Engineer, you’ll support Bryan University’s mission to Liberate the Innate Greatness in People by ensuring that students, staff, and faculty are equipped with the best possible software solutions to navigate the database and educational learning systems. The Software Engineer works directly with our partners to provide integration solutions, reporting, and interfaces that support students, staff, and faculty ensuring the functionality of critical technologies to enable “higher learning” for our students. Experience with Higher Ed applications preferred.
This is a remote position and we can consider applicants residing in the following states: _*
Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Missouri, Nevada, Texas, or Utah.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer: *
- Manage key applications in the following areas (not limited to):
- Systems and application-level security – user provisioning, data security, etc.
- Business processes are supported appropriately by the application
- Facilitate patch upgrades or enhancement application
- Facilitate business needs with application execution
- Manage systems and application-specific configurations, automation, and interfaces
- Reviews quality of work of Software Engineers and provides mentoring, training, and escalation.
- Participate in strategic planning for the growth of the ITS department as Bryan University grows. Actively suggest ideas to help in the planning process
- Provides escalation monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues escalated from other organizations within Bryan University.
- General maintenance and support of third-party applications including communications with vendors.
- Document all coding performed on Bryan University systems
- Advanced Report Query design and creation.
- Continuously develop programming language skills to take on progressively advanced developer roles
- Implements, Maintains and Troubleshoots systems such as applications (custom and 3rd party), reports, integrations, and/or database logic.
- 4+ years of experience writing code in Python and/or Ruby
- 2+ years of experience developing, deploying, and testing Cloud Native applications
- 4+ years developing integrations between multiple systems
- 4+ years of experience developing full-stack applications including user interfaces, API development, and data modeling
- Demonstrate an ability to proactively recognize system issues, plan the correction and implement solutions without receiving direction from others
- Proactively present solutions when working on large, cross-departmental projects
- Previous customer service experience that demonstrates the quality of service
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 products, including MS 365 Admin, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Intermediate programming language certifications are preferred. Prefer Python and/or Ruby
- Basic Cloud infrastructure certification preferred.
- Health Coverage, including: Medical, Health Savings Account, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability Options, and company-paid Life Insurance
- Award-winning Wellness Program with incentives
- Retirement plan with company match
- Paid Time Off, Paid Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid holidays
- Tuition Benefit Program
- Work From Home
Pay Range: * $80,000 annually
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 per year