Aws Cloud Engineer 🔥
The LHNCBC requires services of a Senior AWS Cloud Engineer to administer high performance scientific computing platforms and infrastructure and support research projects.
- Manage, administer and support daily operation of LHC computing systems both onsite and in the cloud.
- Design, implement and maintain scalable High-Availability (HA) and Fault-Tolerant (FT) computing systems.
- Follow the best cloud computing practice by utilizing Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Elastic Computing Cloud (EC2) and other advanced technical features.
- Study and provide technical options to managers and researchers for selecting effective computing solutions based on requirements.
- Minimum five years of hands-on administration experience with Linux and three years with cloud computing.
- Extensive administration experience in GPU-based platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing computing performance and measurement.
- Comprehensive knowledge of security compliance and security control.
- Proficient skills in shell scripting, Ruby, Perl or Python.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to identify priorities to accomplish a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work with people at every level.
- Comprehensive knowledge in Configuration Management (CM) process and software development tools such as Git, GitLab, Nexus, Jenkins, Maven or JIRA.
- Knowledge of statistics, numeric modeling, data analyzing and machine learning.
- Administration experience in F5 load balancing.
- Knowledge of FISMA and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process.
- AWS certification at Professional level.
- Experience with cloud CLI and SDK.
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or other equivalent engineering disciplines from a reputable college.
- Remote Position
Job Type: Full-time