Wordpress Developer 🔥
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology!
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom.
Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide. Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve!
Renaissance is seeking an experienced and highly motivated WordPress Developer to join the Web Team within the organization’s Marketing Operations department. The WordPress Developer will help drive web development strategy and its implementation for our suite of WordPress sites in line with the organization’s broader web strategy.
In this role, they will need to effectively estimate, plan, manage, and report on all tasks related to web development work across multiple sites, including renaissance.com, intl.renaissance.com, and renlearn.co.uk. They will also play a key role in advising on work for additional sites, where needed.
The WordPress Developer will work in close collaboration with a team of web designers and other marketing professionals and report to the Sr Manager of Website Operations.
A demonstrated ability to operate with foresight and to use their area of expertise to drive the collective team forward are highly valued for this position.
Qualified candidates for the WordPress Developer role will possess:
- The ability to cover the full range of front- and back-end development needs for Renaissance’s suite of marketing websites
- Experience with solving real-world user problems at scale and building a user-centered culture
- A deep understanding of web development best practices, including documentation, site architecture, multi-site management, security, and other critical functions
- Experience at a large and rapidly changing organization
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in both verbal and written English with the ability to convey complex topics in simplified terms
- Experience as part of a distributed, remote team and the ability to communicate and coordinate via digital tools such as Zoom, Slack, etc.
- The ability and desire to work collaboratively with a team of designers, content creators, and other professionals while also being able to operate effectively and advance project work with limited oversight
- Efficient work habits and time management skills, including the ability to estimate, plan and manage all tasks and report on progress in an agile remote environment
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks, troubleshoot unforeseen issues, and quickly pivot from one task to the next when needed
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to proactively recognize and address minor issues that could grow into larger problems
- Comfortable using ticket-based technical project management tools (e.g., Workfront, AirTable, Jira, Asana, etc.)
- Comfortable with presenting your work and receiving constructive feedback
- Willingness to stay abreast of new ideas, technologies, applications, and best practices and apply them to our sites
- The ability to recognize and communicate opportunities within and beyond existing web strategies that advance key priorities and goals
4+ years of experience as a full-stack WordPress developer
Additional experience with:
- Optimization of caching, performance, and front-end build systems
- Code and development review best practices (code is free of bugs, optimized, etc.)
- QA and user testing. Experience with automated QA testing a plus
- RESTful APIs, 3rd-party integrations, and Custom APIs
- Site security strategies and best practices
- SEO-related development work, including core web vitals
- Technical audits
- Version control knowledge (ex. Git)
- JSON and structured data implementation
- Accessibility and knowledge of WCAG standards, ADA standards, etc.
- Internationalization/localization best practices
- Experience with the following is a plus:
- Custom plugin development
- Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Headless CMSs and related technology
- PWA development and best practices
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range: $66,000 - $85,000 This range is based on national market data and may vary by location.
- World Class Benefits: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Telehealth
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave (20 total weeks with 14 weeks paid) & Milk Stork program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Well-being and Employee Assistance Programs
Renaissance is committed to maintaining a safe and healthful environment for our employees and customers. To uphold this commitment, Renaissance requires all employees to receive a full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, unless an individual has been granted an exemption as an accommodation due to a disability or for religious reasons and/or state and local laws.
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work and our products.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
For information about Renaissance, visit: https://www.renaissance.com/