Tss Java Developer 🔥
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Public Trust: None
Requisition Type: Regular
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT Technology Shared Services (TSS) is your place! You make it your own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter.
GDIT Technology Shared Services (TSS) is seeking a Software Developer. As a member of the TSS team, you will support the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) team as well as provide support to other customer programs.
The NPDB improves the quality of health care in the U.S. by requiring state licensing boards, hospitals and other health care entities, and professional societies to identify healthcare practitioners who engage in adverse or unprofessional behavior; and to restrict the ability of physicians, dentists, and other health care practitioners to move from state to state without disclosure or discovery of their previous medical malpractice payment and adverse action history.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Working within an agile software team to tackle long and short term projects
- Requirements gathering and refinement
- Software design utilizing object-oriented principles, flowcharts, diagrams, etc.
- Design, implement, test, and support modern, efficient, secure software within the domains of web, api, and data
- Build customer confidence and trust by delivering working software on time and often
- Bring an innovative, always learning, agile/lean mindset to the team
- Develop and apply advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience with Java Development
- SQL, JDBC, and relational databases
- Object-oriented design principals
- US Citizenship
- Spring, Sprint Boot, NodeJS
- React and/or Angular
- Web application server concepts and frameworks (e.q., Servlets/JSP, AJAX)
- Experience implementing DevOps pipelines
The likely salary range for this position is $64,000 - $96,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.