Customer Support Specialist I - Remote 🔥
The Customer Support Specialist is responsible for providing software application and technical assistance to our customers. This position plays a key role in our contact center by diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving application questions and issues, providing education to customers on functions and features, and properly escalating potential problems as applicable. Requires working in a team and being responsible for achieving defined goals. Requires the ability to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers regarding application/technical issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will be charged with successfully contributing to Customer Support team, specifically focused on satisfying customer inquiries to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction for long-term success. Roles and tasks include:
- Provide to our external customer base exceptional and meaningful assistance on one or two of our product offerings via established channels (phone, e-mail, web portal and chat)
- Respond to client's application and system issues per our service level agreements
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve application, technical, and hardware issues
- Provide education to customers focused on functionality, features and best practices so they can become more self-sufficient
- Clearly and concisely document all correspondence and activities related to cases in CRM or other specified tools
- Properly escalate potential problems as needed to next tier, leadership, etc.
- Perform remote dial-in support to customers as needed
- Conduct/participate in scheduled conference calls with customers
- Adhere to established processes and workflows; specifically, as it relates to solidifying a positive experience with every customer interaction
- Manage customer case load with CRM (and other provided) tool(s) for maximum efficiency and visibility, with carefully executed follow-up to closure on open issues
- Provide input on new processes, workflows, and other business needs in pursuit of continual improvement both internally and customer-facing
- Proactively and appropriately share well thought out, constructive feedback and ideas to better the department and/or the company as a whole
- Participate in team, department and company meetings as scheduled
- Seek continuous product knowledge and industry knowledge
- Participate in training opportunities to continually increase solution knowledge
- Receive mentoring and training on next level skills and competencies
- Work to meet or exceed individual, department, and corporate goals and imperatives
- Work effectively and efficiently as an individual and within a team
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure organizational and customer success
- Work after hours on-call, late shift and weekends when scheduled
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Have HEART. To work here, you must be:
- Humble - self-aware and respectful
- Effective - measurably move the needle & immeasurably add value
- Adaptable - innately curious and constantly changing
- Remarkable - stand out in some way
- Strong work ethic, dependable, and reliable
- High energy, self-driven, problem solving, and positive attitude with a strong desire to succeed
- Excellent time management, resource organization and priority setting skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proven aptitude for learning complex software/hardware solutions
- Strong customer service skills
- Critical-thinking skills to proactively process and resolve challenges independently and with deliberate time management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use sound decision-making in support of customer and business needs
- Collaborative mindset
- Solid troubleshooting and research skills that help resolve issues to drive customer outcomes
- Ability to stay calm in pressurized situations and coach customers through solving problems
- Ability to drive improvements in efficiency within the department
- Basic knowledge/experience with the healthcare industry
- Basic knowledge in VMWare, SQL Server, SQL Query Language, Troubleshooting tools, Windows Servers and Desktops, Cloud Technologies
- Bachelor's Degree or Associates and 2 years of progressive experience within technical service/support role or 4 years combined experience and/or education (Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT or related field preferred)
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
As the global leader in enterprise healthcare operations including governance, risk management, and compliance software (GRC), symplr has a single mission: to make healthcare GRC simpler, resulting in improved efficiency, better outcomes, and safer patients. symplr customers depend on our provider data management, workforce and talent management, contract and spend management, access management, and compliance, quality, safety solutions to drive positive outcomes and to protect their patients and staff. More information is available at www.symplr.com.
We're based in many major healthcare technology hubs in the US: Houston (TX), Hartford (WI), Nashville (TN), Boston (MA), and Kansas City (KS). We proudly serve over 6,500 healthcare facilities, from small surgery centers to the largest integrated delivery networks (IDNs) and payers nationwide.
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer Contribution to Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401K with Employer Matching
- PTO, Personal Days, Volunteer Days, & 12 Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress Code Every Day
- Progressive Company Culture
symplr is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
As an ongoing commitment to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities, symplr has established alternative methods to complete the application process. Disabled applicants needing assistance are encouraged to call 281.863.9500 if further assistance is required.
To all recruitment agencies: we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to symplr or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.