Business Development Associate 🔥
WHO WE ARE
Building on a successful history in Napa Valley with our well-rounded portfolio of wines, we wanted to apply our expertise and connections to create other high-quality adult beverages. However, in doing so we uncovered a greater challenge. How do we make it easy for online marketplaces to sell adult beverages? The Solution: Our first of its kind end-to-end ecommerce platform for adult beverages answers that challenge and allows our online marketplace partners to benefit from operational efficiency to meet your ROI and COG goals.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re driven and ambitious. You’re looking to get your foot in the door with a growing company that will help you grow your sales and marketing career. You’re hungry to learn, willing to work hard, and motivated by your customer’s success. And, you probably enjoy wine. Sound about right? Read on.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Business Development Associate is responsible for new customer acquisition and revenue generation selling our wine, beer, and spirits logistics services. As an inside/outside sales role, the Business Development Associate must be comfortable and effective in face-to-face and electronic communications, negotiations, and presentations. Strong competency levels in planning, negotiating, strategic agility and problem solving will be utilized to expand business base and entrants into new channels.
This is a sales focused position with opportunity for knowledge and skill base expansion for continued development. Time management, priority setting, communication, perseverance, and a strong drive for results will be crucial for success.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Achieve assigned KPI’s and revenue goals in prospecting, activity, and sales.
- Effectively communicate Studio Beverage Group's value proposition to prospects and clients.
- Direct sell to customers to achieve your annual quota.
- Present pricing and contracts to customers and effectively negotiate deals.
- Discuss technology concepts at a high-level (This is not a highly technical role)
- Use CRM effectively and ensure all relevant customer details are entered appropriately.
- Ensure smooth account handoff to Partner Success Department after a deal has launched
- Ensure all active prospects are being sold pricing terms that produce the desired unit economics and gross margin levels for the business.
- Maintain an organized and scalable prospecting process. Leveraging software tools generated analytics and metrics to improve conversion rates and customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with finance to ensure all pricing and financial terms (including miscellaneous or special pricing programs) are accurately populating customer invoices. Ensuring that any inaccuracies or errors on invoices are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Develop mutually valuable relationships with customers, through understanding their key needs and requirements.
- Serve as the communication lead between key customers and internal teams.
- Demonstrate integrity & trust in all situations
- Continuously reach benchmarks and complete assigned KPI’s
- Strong time management and priority setting to achieve both revenue & KPI targets
- High sense of urgency in communication and follow up on all projects
- Innate desire for continuous improvement in all areas of job description or functions that involve the sales department
- Action oriented in moving projects forward and managing tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communication preferred or
- Equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Sales or marketing background
- Experience in the wine industry highly preferred
- High competency in Microsoft Office software
- Persuasive presentation skills
- Proficient in using presentation software
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under time sensitive conditions
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build consensus and motivate others.
- Ability to plan and meet schedules.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A competitive salary, health/dental/vision insurance, vacation.
- The ability to work remote wherever you want so long as you get the job done and can work west coast hours. We’re not interested in looking over the shoulders of our talent.
- You’ll be surrounded by a talented and supportive team of peers that will help you grow in your career.
- A suite of products that allows you to use your creativity to make an impact within the industry.
- And, phenomenal access to wine